Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Parting out 96 sho

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  dukeofsho 
#1 ·
1996 Graphite Metallic V8 SHO for parts. I have owned the car for over 5 years as a winter driver. The rear of body has finally fallen victim to the Chicago salt. I have taken the engine out for another SHO with a cam failure. The rest of the car will be parted out. The interior / seats are in good condition. The transmission 116k miles is original with no problems. Located in Oak Lawn IL. Sorry but I will only ship items that will fit into a USPS Priority boxes. The rest will have to be picked up. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
i posted over on teh other site but wat condition are the cupholders in? also would you part with the SHO emblem off of the rear bumper cover? and the gear shift indicator along with everything needed to attemp to make it work in a 97?

#8 ·
I'll answer the best I can but if you PM me I can send pics ect.

Chrome wheels/tires:
2 tires are bald, 1 at 50% the other at 90%
1 wheel had exterior bubbling about 2" wide, The inside of all the wheels is peeling but the outside chrome in good shape.

The cup holder was one from a 99 I took it for the TR. The TR one side of the starwars cup holder broke.

The shifter is in great shape.

The exhaust is good all the way back to the y pipe. From there back is junk. One too many sets of turbo mufflers.

Headlight are in good shape. I buffed them once a year plus thier original ford pieces.

#10 ·
Could I come and look at the car and figure out what I need off of it? I used to live in Oak Lawn, and now live in Elmhurst which isn't far away. I'm actually headed to Tinley Park today, and could stop by. I posted a thread about these Mach tweeter covers not working for me, and you just might have the part, or parts I need to make them work. If I have to buy the whole tweeter assembly, than that would be fine too.
Sean

#11 ·
I need the passenger side front rocker trim... how much for it shipped to 99504?

#14 ·
how about the rear sho emblem willing to part with that?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.