Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we got 3 gen1's as part of a 40 car deal from a local yard that was at capacity. they will be parted and crushed. VIN's were already turned in for smog credits as crushed by the other yard so no...you cant buy the whole car...only parts. They are all pretty much complete and I can ship stuff fedex freight so no part is too big...though the shipping quotes might give you a heart attack :noes:

no clue what stuff is worth so just throw a price at me and realize that regardless of whether I accept it, there will still be shipping charges added on top. Please dont say "Hey I'll give you $20 shipped for a sway bar" when you know damn good and well it'll cost $25 just to ship the thing....

paypal or cash in hand only, thanks! cars are located in summerville, sc and the zip code is 29483 if you want to estimate your own shipping.

shipping on larger items such as bumpers, fenders, etc will simply be wrapped in plastic wrap and have a fedex label tossed on them to keep down weight/boxing/etc. If you arent comfortable with this shipping method then simply dont pay for the item.

If you dont trust the fact I only have 17 odd posts, just look me up on ebay. user id: stackz and send me a message. I've been shipping car parts for the past 10 years online. and I'm not fly-by-night. If I was I wouldnt take cash in hand...

anyway, here's the victims:

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some people asked if these were PLUS models. no clue to be honest but two of them do have fiberglass hoods. though I cant really see any power bulge so to say...

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
The first top one, white one, looks to be a 91 due to the sclicers if that helps you at all.

Thats a somewhat desiereable item.

Do you know if they have automatic antennas? and if they work?

Im in the market for one of those, as for mine is busted.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
PM sent B) And you live not too far down the road.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats the price on f + r sway bars shipped to 46360?
[/b]

$75 plus $20 shipping. They will simply be wrapped together in plastic wrap with some tape in 3 areas to hold everything together and have a label slapped on them. let me know. expect the plastic wrap to be all ripped up when they get there too lol.

also, for those interested, the build dates are:

5/91, 9/90, and 4/90 so it looks like two 91's and a midyear 90 vehicle.

The first top one, white one, looks to be a 91 due to the sclicers if that helps you at all.

Thats a somewhat desiereable item.

Do you know if they have automatic antennas? and if they work?

Im in the market for one of those, as for mine is busted.
[/b]
any idea what the wheels on the black one are?? also, both white ones have slicers on them...the one with the red doors has two on the back and t-bird wheels on the front. no clue if the other two are in the trunk or not.

I'll check on the antennas for you later this weekend...supposed to have a good bit of rain over the next two days and the forklift will bog down trying to get back there to them with a battery.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
any idea what the wheels on the black one are??[/b]
Those are special "basketweaves" that only came on black 1990 SHOs.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotemain'>any idea what the wheels on the black one are??[/b]
Those are special "basketweaves" that only came on black 1990 SHOs.
[/b][/quote]

ok, well I think the trunk lid will sacrifice itself to the forklift god so I can see I have a full set for someone.

edit: you're making fun of me, arent you...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Yea those are the rear black painted basketweaves. Neat looking wheels B)

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
edit: you're making fun of me, arent you...
[/b]
No...

As far as I know the black basketweaves only came on SHOs in 1990.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

$75 plus $20 shipping. They will simply be wrapped together in plastic wrap with some tape in 3 areas to hold everything together and have a label slapped on them. let me know. expect the plastic wrap to be all ripped up when they get there too lol.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info, however is that price shipped for both front and rear together, or per bar?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info, however is that price shipped for both front and rear together, or per bar?
[/b][/quote]

for the set shipped

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If any of them has a foglight switch in great shape pull it and the attached wiring harness for me. I'm willing to pay $10 OBO for it.
[/b]
sounds good to me. where abouts is it located?? and how do I properly take it out without breaking any plastic paneling??

$12.50 shipped and its yours ($10 + $2.50shipping) with the wiring.

whats great shape mean by the way?? I assume it has some white lettering or whatnot like the sn95 mustang fog switches that fades?? thats what you're interested in??

x2 on the wheels, somewhat rare. How much for a front swaybar (24mm) shipped to 55378?
[/b]

as of right now, all three swaybar sets are spoken for. give me a couple days and if I dont hear from the other guys, you'll be at the top of the list.

It would be $52 shipped for just the front for future reference. ($37 + $15 shipping). only reason the pair is $5 more shipping is because fedex goes by package size and THEN weight. adding the rear bar would only add 5 lb to the total but you already have the length dimensions from the single bar.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
If any of them has a foglight switch in great shape pull it and the attached wiring harness for me. I'm willing to pay $10 OBO for it.
[/b]
sounds good to me. where abouts is it located?? and how do I properly take it out without breaking any plastic paneling??

whats great shape mean by the way?? I assume it has some white lettering or whatnot like the sn95 mustang fog switches that fades?? thats what you're interested in??
[/b][/quote]

It's located on the dash, to the right of the steering wheel and above the heater controls. You need to remove the dash panel and pop it out from behind. The dash panel is held in with just a couple screws and clips. $12.50 is fine. The switch is lighted and the lettering is backlit and not painted on. It just needs to not have the plastic all mangled.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<div class='quotemain'>edit: you're making fun of me, arent you...
[/b]
No...

As far as I know the black basketweaves only came on SHOs in 1990.
[/b][/quote]

oh ok, only reason I asked is obviously I dont know much about SHO's as I do mustangs but they just remind me of those cheap enkei "spiderweb" wheels from the mid 80's on all the nissan cars....figured I'd ask as when the cars are crushed, we remove cats/aluminum wheels/etc for separate recycling. If we find the 4th one I guess we'll list these on ebay under that name. haha, I can just see all the ebay questions now if you were messing with me calling them basketweaves....

them: :blink: :rofl2:
me: :glare:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

It's located on the dash, to the right of the steering wheel and above the heater controls. You need to remove the dash panel and pop it out from behind. The dash panel is held in with just a couple screws and clips. $12.50 is fine. The switch is lighted and the lettering is backlit and not painted on. It just needs to not have the plastic all mangled.
[/b][/quote]

I'll take a look and hook a battery up and test the fog lights as well. um, is the foglight switch dependant on the headlight switch being active...as well as the key being on?? just curious because I will bust the steering column to put the car in "acc" or "on" if needed

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Look at all those rust free bodies! Oh man. I wish you weren't so blessed far away.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Not sure this helps anyone out...but if you want to work out some kind of deal with the seller and have payment all squared away...I'll be happy to store items in my apartment. As long as it can fit in my car (the back seat folds down).

I'm picking up some items at the end of November.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts