Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a friend, he has a 1997 SHO that is a cam failure car and is going to be parted. Car is complete. Post what you want. This car will not be parted until we have enough interest. I will post pics when I can get some and some more with colour and specs. Let the carnage begin............LOL

Pics are at this link labeled Black SHO, note the front seats are normal Taurus leathers now(in very good shape) and the two rims with the BFG's on them now have Michilen Alpines

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/SH...p;addtype=local

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Find out which head failed. If the bank 2 (front) head is still good I might be interested.
[/b]
will do :thumb:

**Update** The car is Black with grey leather with the chromies

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would be interested in the leather...and the cluster

Thanks a bunch

Bob

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
In first for a price on the Chromies

Mike
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I'd be interested in pricing on the SHO Lightbar, the spear for the front grill, and SHO Sideskirts
[/b]

if Kal bails I call DIBS on the side skirts and the front spear. :banana:

ALSO if it has MACH. I call dibs on the RCU and the tweeter covers. :D

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
***Update***
Mods please change the title to reflect this, it is a 1996 not a 1997.....Thanks

Everything on the car is very nice. It has nice grey leather but has normal Taurus Leather in the front(both power) Rims are very nice with 2 not bad Michelen Alpine 1 Continetal 1 Goodyear GT(like new) It has the complete JBL system. It has all SHO options. Body is very straight as well with no rust.

Here are some prices...if you dont like them let me know as I have no clue just pulling them out of thin air.

1. Chromies with or without rubber(for shipping purposes) $200+shipping
2. Tips $25
3. Lightbar $50
4. front spear $25(depending on the sale of the bumper)
5. Complete JBL system incl changer $200
6. Cluster $30
7. SHO side skirts $75
all prices are + shipping

Also the tech report says it has the left head exhaust cam failure, would that be the rear? Motor is complete minus the front SHO vanity cover. Has tranny and sarc suspension as well, and good exhaust. Bumpers are in good condition as is the skate board spoiler. pics to follow......
I have to cover the cost from the ford dealer to get it out of their compound so i have to justify that the parts sold will cover it. I don't have the money to go out on the limb and buy it right now plus my wife would kill me.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I apologize for jumping in so fast but I didn't realize this was a canadian car.

I'm out

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Also the tech report says it has the left head exhaust cam failure, would that be the rear? [/b]
Heads are read as if the engine was setup longitudinally and you are sitting in the car. Therefore, left head equals bank 2 (front head). Bummer.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dibs on the chromes since MWT is out. Can I get pics?

Shipping not a problem, I can pick them up!!

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I apologize for jumping in so fast but I didn't realize this was a canadian car.

I'm out

Mike
B)
[/b]
:eek: I totally forgot about that. Oh shipping is going to be a pain.

:( Thanks for getting some prices, but sadly, I am out as well. I'll just keep searching locally, see if I can find something that way.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone that is worried about cross border shipping I can meet up with you at the border and you can pick it up or if someone wants to do this for anyone else then ship it state side. The parting will not happen unless we can cover the fees to get it out of the compound the car is mint besides the bad motor.....
I need commited buyers. LMK I am willing to work with you to help out, I realize that sales from Canadian sellers don't happen easy......

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
what is the problem about shipping from canada?

i cant meet you at the border, i would be better to meet someone at the border of mexico :lol2:

im still interested in the tips if you will be able to get them to me

EDIT: and if you could get me the tips, I would be interested in the front spear also, since Kal's out

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
You run into more expenses doing cross-country shipping, along with a tad tighter security on packages IIRC.

And yeah, border is just a tad too far for me

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Where, oh where can those pictures be...?

·
Registered
712 Posts
What's the bottom line on the wheels?? What kind of shape are they in??
[/b]

I called those already buddy. Refer to post above :rolleyes2:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts