Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished painting one of my Rims. Its a dark charcoal color, and the Calipers/Drums will be white. Here's a pic of the Rim off the car. My brother is powder coating so I can't Inflate the tire yet haha. Oh Joy for putting tires on at midnight.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Intersting..I wish the quality of the pics were better. It looks like it was taken under a blacklight

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
what did you use for the base and color

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (SurHaxalot @ Jun 18 2009, 09:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733435
what did you use for the base and color[/b]

The rims are a Charcoal color. And the Drums/Rotors are a White High Temp. paint that I picked up from Lowes for about 5 bucks. The whole thing only cost 20 to do. I finished it up today. I think it looks pretty bitchen, and I'll try to get some pics of the entire car soon. Its a White 2005 SE.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Looks good man I like it

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Back in the day we would put them in an oven at 200 degrees for a couple of hours.

Let us know if it holds up well or starts chipping

Mike
B)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (mwt @ Jun 20 2009, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733733
Back in the day we would put them in an oven at 200 degrees for a couple of hours.

Mike
B)[/b]
Yeah, I thought about powder coating them (we have an oven and a gun and everything like that) But I figured I'd just paint them to see if I really did like them. Once the start chipping and stuff like that, then I'll just powder coat them and make it permanent.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
QUOTE (BrassDrummer @ Jun 20 2009, 01:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733800

Mike
B)[/b]
Yeah, I thought about powder coating them (we have an oven and a gun and everything like that) But I figured I'd just paint them to see if I really did like them. Once the start chipping and stuff like that, then I'll just powder coat them and make it permanent.
[/b][/quote]

they look good btw

Mike
:thumb:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (mwt @ Jun 20 2009, 11:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733909
QUOTE (BrassDrummer @ Jun 20 2009, 01:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733800

Mike
B)[/b]
[/b][/quote]

they look good btw

Mike
:thumb:
[/b][/quote]

Haha thanks, when I get the time i'll try and get some nice pics of it. If I can find some blacklight underglows for my wheel wells, I think it would make the white look bad ass.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some pics of the rims finally. My next mod will be flat black paint on the back and the white trim pieces all the way around the car.

The windows just look tinted haha

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I like it! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
now i just need to do my SHO rims that i have in storage! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts