Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after moving i decided to pull these out and finish them, I was just wondering what everybody thinks of these. I painted them the same color as my car (Dark Blue) It's kinda hard to tell from the pics.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Looks good, but :worthlesswithoutpics[1]: on the car

BTW: Did you use the Crayola Kid's Paint on them? :lol:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice :icon_cool: . Always wondered what headlights would look like color matched to a car. Your going to have to take some more pics once you get them on the car.

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Any problems getting them apart or anything you would have done differently??
BTW, nice work!! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Jun 10 2009, 07:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=731484
Any problems getting them apart or anything you would have done differently??
BTW, nice work!! :)[/b]
I had no problem getting them apart just threw them in the oven for a while. I actually got these from a buddy at a body shop out of a wrecked taurus, I always really like the look of the centennials so decided to add a little flair. I plan to clear coat them in the next day or two and mount them and will post pics a.s.a.p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks really sweet!

Could you give us a small detailed procedure on how you did this? Would be nice :D
I would love to have those on my gen3, except green.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.) Put headlights in 250 degree oven for 10-15 mins, Just enough to get the glue soft were you can pry the two halves apart (you may need gloves)
2.) Once apart there are two small screws that hold the bezel to the front lens ( at least on Gen 4)
3.) I scuffed the chrome with steel wool, Fine scotch brite and primed with a gray spray primer
4.) Get color matching paint same as car or any color you choose, Clear coat and reassemble

If you have any questions feel free to message me, Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Looking good! :coolgleam:

I've been working on a set of green "centennials" for my car for a while, but with an added twist if it comes out the way I'm picturing it.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I vote keep the reflector. Looks to empty without it.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
:werd: I vote to keep it too. Looks better that way without the hole and the flat empty space.

Plus, if you live somewhere with inspections...it'll pass if you put the reflector back in :)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Definitely keep the amber lens. Makes it look like the light is supposed to be blue...as some sort of "cool package" from the factory...or something.

(I'm a fan of the "If you've done it right, people won't know you've done anything at all" quote) :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (sable23 @ Jun 12 2009, 02:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=731785
http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59658

very good write up right here this is the way i did mine. i am also very curious to see them on the car. definatly keep the reflector.[/b]

I noticed they used silicon on the write up, My question: Is silicon suitable, Does it have the holding power?? I was curious if you used silicon, I was thinking of using some kind of two part plastic epoxy with the silicon just to make sure it stays.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i did use silicone and it has been about a year and they are holding up just fine and i have had them off the car for various reasons many times no leaking or anything either and this way i can still get them appart again if needed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts