Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted my Calipers, Drums and Muffler. The Muffler awaits its tip which is somewhere between Fort Worth and Big Bend right now. I will put a second coat of paint on everything on my days off Thurs/Fri and install the tip. It should look as below. The picture caption claimed it might not be exact. It's a 2 3/4" slant outlet and I hope it has the rolled end! I tried putting a dual tip on and it didn't work out. I have already decided to put dual exhaust from the cat back. Probably with Flowmaster 50's or 60's. Whichever is quieter.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
is that just flat black on everything? its a little hard to tell.

and thats the stock muffler right?

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I hope you used high temp paint, otherwise NONE of that will be there in oh... a month.

+

That looks like the kind of tip i picked up at autozone

good taste!

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (2000FFV @ Apr 1 2009, 01:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714299
I'm liking where your going with the tip. I had troubles with the "bolt on" working its way off. So we found a solution.

OLD POST:
http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...hl=Major+Update

:thumb:[/b]
Thanks! Actually, I tried using a dual tip. My friend was going to weld it on but he couldn't get his welder going. Funny you should mention the intake silencer. I had mine off tonight. It made my gurgling sound louder through the hole in the box and didn't seem to be very restrictive so, I put it back on. I might just put on a cone filter. Yeah, I know it will take hot air but the dang air box seems to amplify that dang gurgling! I wish I could get to the bottom of that.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
QUOTE (Dave SES @ Mar 31 2009, 11:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714231
If it comes off the muffler, no big deal. I think it'll be ok on the drums and calipers.[/b]
Actually, you'd be surprised at the amount of heat that the drums and calipers get in them. If you didn't use high temp paint, I give those brake components less than three months before that's all baked off.

JR

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (godspunk32 @ Apr 1 2009, 07:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714327
QUOTE (Dave SES @ Mar 31 2009, 11:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714231
If it comes off the muffler, no big deal. I think it'll be ok on the drums and calipers.[/b]
Actually, you'd be surprised at the amount of heat that the drums and calipers get in them. If you didn't use high temp paint, I give those brake components less than three months before that's all baked off.

JR
[/b][/quote]

+1

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I just used the dupi-color brake caliper kit. It's a gloss high temp black that is MADE to go on calipers. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts