Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Painted Black Wheels

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  GASKICKER 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a student and don't have much money and was wondering if anyone has painted their stock wheels black? And how do they look? I've got a jeep at home with some black steel wheels and love that look. I know its a jeep and not a taurus so I'm not sure if it will look as good. I was just wondering. I'm not really driving this taurus by choice (sorry if that offended some, but I'm a jeep guy), so I'm trying to make it better for not too much money. Thanks and if you have pics, that'd be nice too. :)

#2 ·
Here's mine:

I did it "right" and it took me ALL DAY. But then I got new tires and they moved the damn wheel weights so that screwed it up.

Sometimes I like it, sometimes meh. I would definitely recommend painting your brakes black though - those look much better....

#4 ·
Agreed, My bull is what I'd call "metallic forest green" and I'm not sure how that'd go with black wheels. But the 14 year old alloys still look amazing; even the center caps still match.

The white on black though... way awesome! Ever though about just getting a lil touch up paint or even model paint would work for the spots where they moved the weights I bet.

#6 ·
If your wheel's are chrome or polishished, there's another option. Both Dupli-Color and Rust Oleum have black chrome two part wheel paint product's. Basically picture coating your wheel's with a smoke tint. I have factory black chrome wheel's on one of my car's, and look's pretty good.

#7 ·
I saw some SEL wheels on here somewhere that had black highlights - they looked pretty nice....would like a closer picture though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.