Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Kermit's car last weekend, and it really piqued my intrest on painting my rims. I PSed my rims really quick to see what it would look like. This pic is before I put on my stripes, so please take that into consideration when making your choice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Ah yes Kermits rims look real good I liked that black out look. I think black looks good with green, such as your car. I dunno about *matching* with the white stripes though, maybe if they were black stripes?

*added that word because I didnt want it to seem like I am against the stripes, I like em!

edited because I put matching in the wrong spot.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Personally I would think white would look good to match the theme with the stripes. It would balance it out and not look like rice. That would be a paint to keep clean though.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I like the rims painted like that though but Im not against about the stripes in your car but thats true if you match the rims with that color. I like your car a lot so try to photoshop the rims in white or black plus those rims doesnt look too ricey.

Frank

·
Registered
746 Posts
i am voting no here... i have never been a fan of painted rims, there is just something about them that looks goofy and a bit out of place. plus, i think they tend to look cheap.l

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I say no to black, because i think that balck painted rims look good and blacked out cars, like Kermits. I also say no to white, because I personally think that white rims look cheesy. The stripes do look good though...

JR

·
Registered
314 Posts
I really do not like black rims. You can go get your some hubs and don't put any hub caps on. It will produce the same look. I see cars running around my town and yes they do catch my eye. But, it's more of 'damn, that looks ugly'. Alloy or chrome are the only way to go IMHO.

Derek

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
The painted rims would definately set it off. With green I don't know if black would be good or Anthracite. Not white! My 17's are powdercoated black I'll get pictures when I get them on.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I think you should go with black spokes and silver or factory color on the rim.

-Jeff

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you wanted to spend some money I would get some shiney bling bling chrome rims. I always thought painted black rims just look like they are really dirty (not to offend anyone). If you do really want to paint them I would paint them the color of the car, not the stripes and not black.
Robert

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The reason that I don't buy chrome rims is that I don't want to spend $1000 or so to get rims that weigh more than my stock ones, and hurt performance. I also don't really like the bling bling look - I'm a "flat black" kind of person.

I don't think anyone is offended by your comment Robert; we all have our own tastes. I appreciate your opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
FWIW, I say'd say no to the black. They just look like they're coated in brake dust so it doesn't really look that good. And everytime I see the stripes on a car, I'm thinking lame unless there's some real muscle behind it and even still, on certain models, it just doesn't look good and unfortunately, yours is one of them.

Of course that's just my opinion and your milage may vary. I'm more of a fan of the stock look, do stuff under the hood to make it go faster or something, at least get some return on your investment. In terms of dressing up a car for looks, there's really no return on that kind of thing and you certainly don't get anything back when you have to sell it or heaven forbid, get into an accident. Anyway, just thought I'd chip in my two cents, please feel free to ignore it as I'm only saying this because there was a poll.

·
Registered
235 Posts
So when I am driving home tonight I see a white gen 3 with matching white painted rims. I thought it looked good. Why not try photoshopping rims that match the color of your car, as was one of my suggestions in the earlier post, and see what you think. If you don't like that then I can say the white painted rims did stand out and look good so white might work well since that's the color of your stripes. Just my two cents, which means I am now up to four cents on this thread.
Robert

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Aug 4 2004, 12:54 PM
Something like this?
I wouldnt go black.

Keep them the way they are, or go with the gunmetal, and paint the rims completely.

-DC

1 - 20 of 48 Posts