Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Anywhere from several hundred (crap job) to several thousand dollars for a quality job. You get what you pay for. Any body damage, rust repair, etc will, of course, add significant cost.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Yeah, you could get a good job around $1000 is there is no body damage to repair. Every dent will add $40 to $60, and anything worse than that, especially rust or wrinkled metal will cost a lot to repair.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Paid 1,300 for my 88 wagon's job. They also fixed a rear fender and removed, filled in, roof rack.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Why do you need a paint job? Any pictures of the car/paint damage?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn thats a pretty penny to spend considering i paid 1500 for a 98 sable... i mean the car runs like a beast , but not sure if i wana spend more then what i paid for on just a paint job and there very little rust on the fenders and kicker panels.... uhhh decisions decisions

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Little rust does not equal zero rust. Correctly done rust repair involves cutting out all the rusted metal and replacing with new. As you can imagine, that costs BIG bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Yeah, rust is a problem. Dents and stuff are not that big a deal, you can pull them out, bondo them over, and sand it flush so you never knew it was there, but rust, its like a cancer, and if you don't cut it out and get it all, it will keep coming back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts