Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? Something like they have on this 135?

I'm having my brother Photoshop it, or some similar design to see how it looks.

He's gonna use this car.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
It may not be that great... but here's my 5 minute not-even-trying attempt with a twist.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a more in depth photo shop :p lol

I like the Black all the way down idea though. I will definitely have to play with it because the 135 doesn't have a huge bumper to deal with lol.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
The last photoshopped pic looks pretty good. I don't know about the black all the way down though. Seems a little overdone. Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for. I do like the thin stripe around it though. That with the black between the taillights would look pretty cool. But it's your car, so if you do it, your the only one with the opinion that matters.

Don't forget about performance though. All show and no go keeps a Taurus just as slow.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
i'm still quite partial to the lower part black. But i expanded on you're idea (and skills. :p) with a debadge and painting the lower rocker body colored. That lower grill keeps asking for something though. I think the bumper should be half-n-half.

PS, it was really hard for me to make the rocker look good because the vehicle is dirty. So it made it much harder for me. LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha I know it will still be slow. I just turn my AC on and it sounds supercharged :D I don't have to race anyone haha

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
QUOTE (BrassDrummer @ Jun 26 2009, 02:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735440
Haha I know it will still be slow. I just turn my AC on and it sounds supercharged :D I don't have to race anyone haha[/b]
lol

Some kid in a Buick tried to race me up a hill today. 1. He spun his tires and made himself look like a fool. (was a meager attempt) 2.Who races a Buick? I think it was a Park Avenue no less.

Should have turned on the A/C? :noes:

Your right about the bumper. Definitely needs some lovin'. Have an idea for the 03+ bumpers, but nothing for the 02-. :dunno:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love the painted hood and the hood/roof stripe. Not really feeling the stripe around the car, though. Just seems weird to me. Granted, can't really judge until I could see a real thing in person.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
When you run the A/C you loose 10-15 horses. I can feel it when I run my A/C. Ticks me off, so I always roll with it off and windows down. I love hearing it roar anyway.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (Mediarocker @ Jun 26 2009, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735465
When you run the A/C you loose 10-15 horses. I can feel it when I run my A/C. Ticks me off, so I always roll with it off and windows down. I love hearing it roar anyway.[/b]
I only lose 5 Haha. I dyno'ed it. But it just sounds mean with it on. I'll have to get a recording of the whine I get with the ac on. I roll with the ac on and windows down :) haha.

Yeah, I did he striped around the skirt just to see how I liked it. I'm not feelin it so much.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (BrassDrummer @ Jun 26 2009, 05:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735474
QUOTE (Mediarocker @ Jun 26 2009, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735465
When you run the A/C you loose 10-15 horses. I can feel it when I run my A/C. Ticks me off, so I always roll with it off and windows down. I love hearing it roar anyway.[/b]
I only lose 5 Haha. I dyno'ed it. But it just sounds mean with it on. I'll have to get a recording of the whine I get with the ac on. I roll with the ac on and windows down :) haha.

Yeah, I did he striped around the skirt just to see how I liked it. I'm not feelin it so much.
[/b][/quote]

I like the Half-n-half idea I presented earlier.. I think a member tried it on here. I'll try to find the link.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i think it would look great if it a body kit......nothing too radical just somethin subtle to give it that 135 look.......like the idea of the stripe tho :D

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I think if you want the stripe all the way down, it would look cool if you made the bumper like it is on the roof, white with a black stripe.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Jun 29 2009, 01:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735913
I think if you want the stripe all the way down, it would look cool if you made the bumper like it is on the roof, white with a black stripe.[/b]
Oh just reverse it on the bumper? Yeah... that might look pretty cool. I'll do a rendition of it later today and see how I like it, unless anyone else has nothing better to do haha

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

There's my cheap Paint version of the reversed stripe. Idk if I like it, I might have to have my brother photoshop it to make it look better.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Those stripes should be between the headlight and grille. A thin pair of them like the old mustangs that run all the way over the car. Yours is too heavy with white. It looks kinda dumb and tacky. White is a hard color to stripe unless its a primary color like blue, red or a color to match an interior .Maybe charcoal grey to match the interior.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts