Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well! My Paint job is underway, I Hsould have it all painted and back on the road by Friday (fingers crossed) I chose the colour Metallic Cobalt Blue with a nice ice pearl coat.

Im hoping it looks sweet. but even besides that i will have gotten rid of all the cancer affecting my car (cancer as in rust) damn canadian winters.

If ya wanna see some pics.. i put some up here

1994 Taurus Paint Pics

I'll let ya know how it goes! =]

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Nice, GEN II's RULE!!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
i love those rims what kind are they?

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Can't see the pics. Good old web filters. Anybody care to hook a brotha up? :wink:

You're getting a pearl? Should really be sweet, pearl has some amazing flip-flop to it,. especially on a dark basecoat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pics are up... my poor BABY!! lol

should be getting the car back tomorrow =] (fingers crossed)

The tires are 17x7 MB motoring Rev's... I snagged em on ebay for 252 Bux. they were brand new in the boxes and came with a tuner lug set and brass hubcentric rings.

Not sure why you cant see the pics.. is there anything i can do to help?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
WOW! Your car has come a long way from the "spinner hubcap days". Great job, I can't wait to see the end result. This kind of stuff is what I like to see, take a ordinary Taurus and make it special.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
WOW WOW WOW!!! Nice color! It turned out GREAT!

S

·
0 Posts
Looks like you have a pinch of orange peel on the rear right fender. I would buff it out it I were you. Also... I unno if you mind. But REMOVE THAT MAGNET ANTENNAE!!! LOL Those things lift the paint right off...lol I have had bad expieriences. LOL Also nice color and looking good.

Sal

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah id love to remove the magnet antenna, only problem is right now im delivering beer for a dial-a-beer company to pay for all the pretty upgrades to the taurus...

Only thing i could do was put a small square of microfiber cloth inbetween the magnet and the paint, theres also a small rubber boot, but i didnt trust it

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
hmmm if you dont mind, how much did the paint job cost?

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Sep 4 2004, 06:42 PM
Looks like you have a pinch of orange peel on the rear right fender. I would buff it out it I were you. Also... I unno if you mind. But REMOVE THAT MAGNET ANTENNAE!!! LOL Those things lift the paint right off...lol I have had bad expieriences. LOL Also nice color and looking good.

Sal
Orange peel does not buff out. It has to be wet sanded out. If that is a two stage paint, it better be on the top coat or it is not going to come out. Orange peel happens on a lot of paint jobs becuase they are not taking the time to make it dead perfect :(

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by Capital Punishment+Sep 5 2004, 08:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Capital Punishment @ Sep 5 2004, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Sep 4 2004, 06:42 PM
But REMOVE THAT MAGNET ANTENNAE!!! LOL Those things lift the paint right off...
:bs: [/b][/quote]
:withstupid: It won't take paint off, but will scratch it if not kept prefectly clean.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my paint job cost me 1600 CDN.

I dont know what orange peel is?
But so far im very happy with it =]

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by Crispy28@Sep 5 2004, 04:15 PM
my paint job cost me 1600 CDN.

I dont know what orange peel is?
But so far im very happy with it =]
See the rough part in the paint to the right of the fuel door? It looks rough like the sruface of an orange (hence the name orange peel).

http://www3.sympatico.ca/katie.nielsen/100_1078.jpg' alt='' width='1632' height='1232' class='attach' />[/url]

That is orange peel.

Ideally, the paint should be nice and smooth like this (and yes that is my car ;) ):

[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/n2space2/Reflection2.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' class='attach' />

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really love your paint job... :banana: :chili:. Where are you from in Canada? I am from Ontario. Was that the Cheapest price?? 1600 sounds alot. I was thinking about 1000-1200... I love the colour.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by Crispy28@Sep 5 2004, 12:53 AM
im delivering beer for a dial-a-beer company
What!? Why don't I have that number? :lol:

I love those rims too. What is that spoiler off of?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LMAO!!

Yeah.. i see what you mean n2_space, ah well, If i get some more cash ill send it to a shop for a wet sanding? (if thats even possible.)

I live in Orillia Ontario, (bout 2 hours north of T.O)

The spoiler is off a 1993 Chev Cavalier Z24

The rims are by MB motoring 17x7 called "rev's"

My paint job MIGHT have cost a LOT less... except for, (ima list it here)

1. Both front doors rotted to point of being able to put my hand in the bottom, reach up and grab the window FROM THE BOTTOM
2. Both sides (passenger front and Drivers rear) doors have been hit,
3. Entire front of hood was rusted away (this is why i had the.. UGH, nosebra on [i dont like them])
4. all 4 fender wells were flaking and rusted
5. Massive kick mark in right rear quarterpanel
6. Both rocker panels Badly rusted
7. NUMEROUS dents dings and scratches (none classified as minor blemishes)

LOL! so.. my car was in the body shop for 3 and a half days, and paint booth for 1. (and 1 to cure or whatever they call it)

All and all, Rust gone, nice colour, mostly Sweet paint! Im 100% satisfied =]

however, now i prolly gotta find someone to wet sand it to smooth the finish! lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts