Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the PaintScratch site and typed in the Year, Make, Model (2001, Ford, Taurus). I'm trying to verify that the paint code that they have is accurate.

I do not have the sticker on the driver's side door. This was a fleet vehicle that when I took ownership, the sticker was already removed.

I have a dark blue 01 Taurus. I have a few spots on the top of the car (above the cabin) that are starting to rust (and not the good kind of rust, the real nasty stuff that will eat away quick). I also have a 5" area on the driver's side door that seems to have chipped off and could use some paint.

Just trying to verify. Not necessarily going to order from them, just want to find out the Color code that way I can get some Duplicolor or something to touch up these little areas.

Also, any recommendations on paint/clear coat brands to use for this touch up?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
LA — Medium Royal Blue

This is the Ford speak for your 2001 blue.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Med. Royal Blue Taurus SE

Just to verify, is this roughly the same shade of blue you have? If so, it definitely has the paint code "LA".

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, that looks about right. Thanks a lot for the help.

I think I will be removing the wiper blades as well and painting the passenger and driver's side cowl vents (black has faded to a disgusting gray color).

Any recommendations on paint brands for the body work and paint brands for the plastic work?

Autozone carries some brands, should those be good enough?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I painted my cowling with some black rubberized bumper paint a couple years ago. Still looks good. Just don't use more than two coats.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Apr 2 2009, 02:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714714
I painted my cowling with some black rubberized bumper paint a couple years ago. Still looks good. Just don't use more than two coats.[/b]

I'm between that rubberized bumper paint and just regular plastic paint.

Did you scruff up the surface before applying (i.e. high grit sand paper) or did you just wash it down?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts