Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 1997 SHO saturday and I wanted to open it up so it can breathe. I have searched and found the SHO Shop's intake on sale for $99 (I also heard they were out of business?).

I saw Paul Nimz's (SHOZ123) intake and love that setup because that is what I have in my Duratec (Filter in the fender well).

I was curious if anyone has used the SHO Shop one or if there are any more out there? I don't want just a filter under the hood unless it has some sort of Insulation like the SHO Shop one.

What size is the Stock MAF on the SHO incase I decide to get a MAF Adapter and make a home made setup?

Looking at the MAF I think my duratec's smaller MAF would flow better than the SHO's as the duratec's blocks less air. Any upgrades available for MAF's or TB's?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Mine started out as a SHO Shop intake. Which I found to be way over priced and not very good at keeping the temps down.

Get an 80 mm MAF to 4" hose adapter. A 4" cone filter. A 3"x3" straight rubber plumbing connector, 4" plumbing rubber elbow and about 18" of good 4" duct. That is all you need to put the filter in the fender.

Half shafting the TB is about all you can do there. The '99 SHO had a plastic MAF about all you can do there too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts