Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

This will be a nice, quick post. I waited some time to perform this overhaul to the brakes, but I really should have done this sooner with how much better the car stops now.

The small overhaul I did comprises of:

I replaced my calipers entirely because my ones prior to the upgrade were in awful shape. When I received the calipers, I painted them a candy red (I originally wanted to do gold but wanted to give red a try).
Let me know what you all think!

Here's a link to my LensDump for a better look at the pictures: LensDump

This was my first time doing anything brake related and I don't think I did too bad! Surprisingly straight forward, just took a lot of time.
I'd super recommend anyone to look into a brake upgrade if any of you are unsatisfied with the stopping power of your current brakes!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Brake overhauls are always nice! you might end up having problems with the calipers though, ACDelco is a terribly cheap brand and ive seen issues with just about everything they make. I would have went oem with them, even though theyre more expensive i know. I go with EBC for pads and rotors when i replace mine, and stay away form slotted since the winters in NY can ruin those pretty quick ha

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't had any noise with mine, at least not yet! And from my understanding, ACDelco just remanufactures calipers sent to them as cores and that's what they resell. PowerStop does the same I believe?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Rebuilding calipers really isn't that complex. Provided the core is good (no pitting on the cylinder bores) it's really just one internal square o-ring and a boot. SO I really don't think there's much of a difference between the major rebuilders. You can buy the parts online and rebuild them yourself. I picked up a pair of the 14" calipers and ordered a set of sho PP seals and boots for under $15/caliper and will be painting them up similarly to you. I'll probably do the same brake lines but i'll stick to solid rotors on the Taurus.

I just did a similar thing on my Mustang. Brakes work well but car also weighs 1500 lb less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts