Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Mercury Sable LS with the "Premium Audio System" (speakers have "MACH" on them). After a good bit of research on multiple sites, I have purchased the USA Spec PA11-Ford1 IPod adapter. Upon attempting to install the unit I have found that none of the connectors fit the back of the radio. On the CAS-F10 adapter one of the connections is male and the two other connections have the wrong pin configuration and the bodies do not fit. On the CAS-F20 adapter, two of the connections are male, one of the connections is WAY too fat and the last connection has ridges that do not match the grooves in the radio receptacle.
The USA Spec website for the PA11-FORD1 unit mentions a CAS-F24 cable. The only info I can find for the CAS-F24 cable is at Crutchfield which insinuates that the CAS-F24 cable is for 2003 and up.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
if i remember right dont they hook up in the trunk at the rcu? idk i am sure someone else that knows for sure will say

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOPS!!!
I forgot to mention that it is a wagon. The CD changer is/was in the center concole between the two front seats.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
lol then the rcu should be behind the spare tire, i am pretty sure i remember other people having to plug them in there but not 100 percent sure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked in the spare tire compartment and I do not notice anything that seems to be screaming "ME, ME, ME!!!". I think I can identify all of the wires/cables (antenna, rear lights, etc). It is a bit hot out right now so I will do a better check in the morning.

As an additional note, the instructions for the PA11-Ford1 do say to remove the radio and plug either the CAS-F10 or the CAS-F20 directly into the radio.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just purchased one of the USA Spec aux adapters, and I was told you don't need the CAS-F24. Let me know if you get something going on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WEELLLLL......

I just spoke with USA Spec tech support and he said (to the tune of a crying child in the background) that as Mr. Sable123 (may I just call you 123?) stated, the connection should be in the spare tire compartment and, if I ACTUALLY WANTED the IPod to be up front with me (as opposed to running to the spare tire compartment while at a traffic signal to change playlists/genra/whatever) I would need a "CDL-EXT" extension. So, no IPod this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts