Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just replaced the transmission on my 2004 Taurus SES DOHC (with 215K miles) and since then, I am getting a P2197 code. I checked for intake leaks (none found), replaced the EGR gaskets and fuel filter but the code still coming back. There are no other codes present other than the P2197 and the engine is running smooth. My question is, could a leak in the exhaust (disconnected system by the cats when working in the tranni replacement) cause this code?

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
Any chance you damaged the front bank pre cat O2 sensor during the tranny replacement? Pinched the harness to that O2 and developed an open in the O2 signal or possibly ground circuits?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any chance you damaged the front bank pre cat O2 sensor during the tranny replacement? Pinched the harness to that O2 and developed an open in the O2 signal or possibly ground circuits?
I suppose that damage to the sensor is a possibility, need to check that out when I replace the cat gasket (don't remember if the gasket was in place when I put the exhaust back) this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts