Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

After a long saga regarding the random and constatnt P0300 codes tha tI was able to figurt out was vacuum related due to a bad seal, I am getting an occasional P2128 code that has only come on 2 times since I had cured my P0300 issue.

When the P2128 was triggered, I noticed that my RPM's were bouncing a little at idle.

Sooo.... I bet this is another vacuum related issue, a leak where would cause this code?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Googling the code comes up with nothing Ford related...but for the 05 service DVD:

P2128 - Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor Circuit 2 High Input
Description: The APP sensor 2 is out of range high input.
Possible Causes:
--APP sensor assembly is binding.
--APP sensor harness is shorted to power.
--Damaged APP sensor.

Now to figure out where that thing is...

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
So is the 05 drive by wire?

If so, an APP sounds like it would be a potentiometer linked to the accelerator pedal.

I sincerely hope that Ford did not license, borrow or copy any of the Bosch drive by wire engineering...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (OldWagon @ May 18 2009, 08:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726161
So is the 05 drive by wire?

If so, an APP sounds like it would be a potentiometer linked to the accelerator pedal.

I sincerely hope that Ford did not license, borrow or copy any of the Bosch drive by wire engineering...[/b]

It's definitely NOT, drive by wire. There is a cable that runs all the way to the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Hmm, Googling on "APP" has a couple of hits where APP = TPS (throttle position sensor), which is on the throttle body. One's for a diesel tractor/truck, another for a Dodge truck, nothing for Ford...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts