Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

P1506

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  boosted expy 
#1 ·
code pops off and on when it wants to. finally tired of it b/c i am trying to sell the car. all 3 pcv hoses look fine. i unplugged the iac while the car was running, and there was no change whatsoever, therefore, my iac is the cause of the problem, right?

#2 ·
soaked the inside of the iac with pb blaster. no change. light stayed off for a few days, and then came back on. i bought a new motorcraft iac, and will put it on tomorrow. do i need to unplug the battery for awhile to clear everything, or will it just be good to go? i have been clearing the code with my xcal 2.

#5 ·
Well, when there is a vacuum leak present, and you spray carb cleaner onto it, the vacuum leak will suck up the carb cleaner, and cause the engine to stumble. So when you're spraying the carb cleaner around vacuum hoses, when you hear a stumble, then you know that's where the vacuum leak is, then you can remove and fully inspect the hose. Often times it's hard to see the damage to the vacuum hose until you remove it and inspect it.

#7 ·
Do not test for vacuum leaks with flammable liquids. For starters, it can catch fire, and the second problem is that even if you spray it on a leak, the computer will often react so quickly and correct the surge that you might not even notice it. Seriously, has anyone ever found a leak that wasn't already painfully obvious with said method?

A smoke machine will find leaks very quickly.

#10 ·
boosted expy...check under topic finder, the info is right there.

#12 ·
Usually it does. But if you are just getting 1 lean code, that could mean other issues...like a possibly clogged fuel injector?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.