Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can code PO705 cause your car to come to low idle speed when your slowing down ?. My idle is ok. When I’m slowing down I notice it goes up a little then as I’m slowing down it goes down to regular idle. Or it will be at regular idle when coming to stop but goes below normal and drops to about 500. No code besides the one listed. Only 93k miles on a 03 Taurus. Very well taking care of. I don’t hear any links in the lines, when warming up it does give a burnt smell for a few mins then goes away.

·
Registered
9,804 Posts
Can code PO705 cause your car to come to low idle speed when your slowing down ?. My idle is ok. When I’m slowing down I notice it goes up a little then as I’m slowing down it goes down to regular idle. Or it will be at regular idle when coming to stop but goes below normal and drops to about 500. No code besides the one listed. Only 93k miles on a 03 Taurus. Very well taking care of. I don’t hear any links in the lines, when warming up it does give a burnt smell for a few mins then goes away.
"The most common cause would be from a defective range switch that has an open or short within the component. In this case, the range sensor is getting the right input from the driver but cannot relay the message properly to the ECM. If the sensor is out of adjustment, it may be able to send a signal but it will send the wrong message to the ECM and trigger the code P0705. "
Quote from internet. For any code, put that in any search engine and you find lots of info.
-chart-

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can code PO705 cause your car to come to low idle speed when your slowing down ?. My idle is ok. When I’m slowing down I notice it goes up a little then as I’m slowing down it goes down to regular idle. Or it will be at regular idle when coming to stop but goes below normal and drops to about 500. No code besides the one listed. Only 93k miles on a 03 Taurus. Very well taking care of. Visit AutoGuysLand to review their post about diesel exhaust fluid if you concern. I don’t hear any links in the lines, when warming up it does give a burnt smell for a few mins then goes away.
I think you should check the fluid if it is ok or not. It can cause this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts