Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am new here. I have a 2005 taurus with 3.0. After driving for a while and the car getting hot, I get a code p0191 and the car sputters and wont hardly drive. I had it towed to dealership and they installed a new fuel pressure switch. I drove it home and about 90 miles later I get the code and it sputters again. I forced it on home and now it is setting in the driveway. I am getting the same code and it still sputters and wont go. please help..I am about 500 in the hole at this point and dont know what to do. Fuel pump maybe?:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey,

I am new here. I have a 2005 taurus with 3.0. After driving for a while and the car getting hot, I get a code p0191 and the car sputters and wont hardly drive. I had it towed to dealership and they installed a new fuel pressure switch. I drove it home and about 90 miles later I get the code and it sputters again. I forced it on home and now it is setting in the driveway. I am getting the same code and it still sputters and wont go. please help..I am about 500 in the hole at this point and dont know what to do. Fuel pump maybe?:(
bump any info it was fixed ?

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
What repairs can fix the P0191 code?
  1. Replacing the fuel pump.
  2. Replacing the fuel pressure regulator.
  3. Repairing any broken, frayed, or shorted wires that lead to the fuel pressure sensor.
  4. Repairing corroded connector to the fuel pressure sensor.
  5. Replacing fuel pressure sensor.
  6. Repairing any vacuum leaks in the engine
Quote from internet search .
You can take any code, put it in a search engine and get what is copy and paste above.
-chart-

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
Fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts