Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my check engine light on, and getting P0175 (system too rich, bank 2) from what I understand bank 2 is the closest to the radiator. It is always that bank, never gives bank 1, which leads me to believe it is something unique to that bank.

Anyone have any ideas where I should start looking? Bad spark, injector, compression, o2 sensor?

It is a 1999 taurus station wagon with 225,000 miles, I believe it has a vulcan engine.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Fuel system

Excessive fuel pressure.
Leaking fuel injector(s).
Leaking fuel pressure regulator.
Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel.
Contaminated fuel injector(s).
Vapor management valve (VMV) leaking.

You could look at the plugs and if one is wet with gas or oil then it would point to a FI or a problem with the that cylinder. Might be the O2 also, especially if it is original.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel system

Excessive fuel pressure.

You could look at the plugs and if one is wet with gas or oil then it would point to a FI or a problem with the that cylinder. Might be the O2 also, especially if it is original.
[/b]
Wouldn't most of those cause errors on both banks? If so I guess it would have to be one of the injectors or o2 sensor.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Fuel system

Excessive fuel pressure.

[/b]
Wouldn't most of those cause errors on both banks? If so I guess it would have to be one of the injectors or o2 sensor.
[/b][/quote]
Won't be an O2 sensor - they don't set P0171, P0172, P0174 or P0175 codes.

A bad fuel injector would set a rich code for the bank it's located on. The other problems would normally affect both banks, but sometimes one code sets before the other, or one bank is more affected than the other. It's still worth checking everything out. FWIW, when's the last time that car had a tune-up? If it's due for one, you might wanna start with that and see if it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts