Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
03 Vulcan Flex

Before embarking on the second leg of a 400 mile trip, I hooked up my scan tool and found a pending P0136 (Bank 1 sensor 2) - with references to P2270 and P2271.

At the time, I started the car and saw that Bank1 Sensor 2 was switching. Couldn't stop my trip and travelled on. Couple minutes later, CEL came on - P0136. Decided to clear the code to see if it would come back.

Checked again before the return trip - and the sensor was DEAD - 0 volts, no switching, and no MIL/CEL. So, I figure the sensor is cooked, or something is up in the wiring.

Since I cleared the code, and it's 25 degrees out, the EVAP hasn't returned to ready status, other than that, I have no clue as to why the dead sensor/circuit hasn't set a code.

It'll be a while before I can get under the car to check it out.

Also - checking O2 pricing, why are Motorcraft O2 sensors so relatively inexpensive?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
03 Vulcan Flex

Before embarking on the second leg of a 400 mile trip, I hooked up my scan tool and found a pending P0136 (Bank 1 sensor 2) - with references to P2270 and P2271.

At the time, I started the car and saw that Bank1 Sensor 2 was switching. Couldn't stop my trip and travelled on. Couple minutes later, CEL came on - P0136. Decided to clear the code to see if it would come back.

Checked again before the return trip - and the sensor was DEAD - 0 volts, no switching, and no MIL/CEL. So, I figure the sensor is cooked, or something is up in the wiring.

Since I cleared the code, and it's 25 degrees out, the EVAP hasn't returned to ready status, other than that, I have no clue as to why the dead sensor/circuit hasn't set a code.

It'll be a while before I can get under the car to check it out.

Also - checking O2 pricing, why are Motorcraft O2 sensors so relatively inexpensive?
O2 sensor have come down a lot in price over the past five years. I think Ford uses NGK or NTK as their OEM supplier, really doesn't even have to say Motorcraft on the box. Look for a wiring problem first, maybe a wire shorting on the exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts