Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just bought a used 2013 SHO. It has a clean title and after about 4,000 miles I got the camshaft position sensor code (P0016). The car has about 92,000 miles on it and I have a warranty. I haven’t seen much information about it besides the TSB for the F-150. I was wondering if anybody has come up with anything else. I do not have timing chain rattle or any of the known issues with the timing components. The only thing I noticed that was weird lately after sitting overnight for some time it has a slight squeal on acceleration but then goes away after the car reaches operating temp. If anyone has had this issue and can point me towards where to look first that would be great because I don’t think and I hope it’s none of the timing components.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently just bought a used 2013 SHO. It has a clean title and after about 4,000 miles I got the camshaft position sensor code (P0016). The car has about 92,000 miles on it and I have a warranty. I haven’t seen much information about it besides the TSB for the F-150. I was wondering if anybody has come up with anything else. I do not have timing chain rattle or any of the known issues with the timing components. The only thing I noticed that was weird lately after sitting overnight for some time it has a slight squeal on acceleration but then goes away after the car reaches operating temp. If anyone has had this issue and can point me towards where to look first that would be great because I don’t think and I hope it’s none of the timing components.
Congratulations! I'm new and don't have anything for you but wanted to give kudos!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unfortunately many people seem to be having this issue, and the TSB about the F-150 will likely apply to your vehicle as well. You might be able to verify it with a Mode 6 capable scan tool, but I can't be certain if a cheap tool will show the PID to check. They say it's likely bad timing chain on that bank.

The only things you could check are to verify your oil level and quality, and visually inspect the connectors/wires to the cam sensor (it should be fairly easily accessible)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts