Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my scangauge. Pretty sweet, except one thing. My TFT reads 8, all the time. I'm using the Ford PWM codes and I'm stumped. Anyone else get theirs to work?
Edit: After sitting a bit, it dropped to 7.....

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I got one, works fine on mine. Tell me the codes you typed in to the XGauge to get the TFT and I'll compare to what I have.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like a dumbass now. I must have been too excited to get it programmed earlier. I checked the code again, and I had the 0 and 8 switched in Math. Works like a charm, got up to about 160 on the freeway.

Few other things I have to figure out.
<strike>The Xgauge came programmed with 2 gauges in the 20ish memory spot. 1 was AVG which is average MPG, and TFC, which I have no idea what its for.</strike>
TFC= Trip Fuel Cost

The Fuel Level gauge is correct, but not correct. It displays the % fuel level in decimal form, like it should be 80%, but displays 0.80. Not that big of a deal, just looks weird.

The EGR duty cycle shows about 1700 when cruising at 60. I have no idea what that's supposed to be measured in, if it's even right. I'm pretty sure I punched that one in correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts