Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having a few issues. But mostly just wanting to interact with the community and get to know my vehicles as well as I see other members do theirs. I own a 92 3.8l lx and a 95 3.0l gl. Holler at me ppl, I'm in need of some advice for both cars

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Been around a while myself. Not a rabid poster, but I keep an eye on the site.

1) I see you have 4 posts. I do not remember seeing one of them.
2) If you are asking for help, it is a good idea to say what you are asking for. Some folks are good at powertrain questions, others electrical, etc.
3) Let us know what you need and someone always seems to jump in.

Consider yourself holler'd back to.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I recently acquired my fourth (?) Taurus. I've owned a '90 Taurus (L Wagon), '91 Sable (GS wagon), '95 Taurus (GL Sedan, current vehicle), '98 Sable (LS Sedan) (loaner), and had access to a '98 Taurus (unknown trim) when I needed to drive for a while. Not necessarily in that order, though.

The encyclopedia here has lots of great information, including standard features, specifications, optional features, year by year changes, and more.

My GL is a bit of an oddball. It has all of the standard GL features, plus rear disc brakes and ABS, a power drivers' seat, and I think it has a couple of other options, too. There are option packages that have those options in them, but the car doesn't have all of the options that are part of the option packages (at least I don't think it does). I also have the bucket seats and floor shifter (optional on all models). More info (and some discussion) and pictures here: https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/124-taurus-sable-general-discussion/348989-1995-taurus-gl-sedan.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think others would be more inclined to respond to specific topics as opposed to just "hollerin'" in general. What sort of help or information are you looking for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I kinda messed with the screw on the throttle body that moves the throttle plate via the throttle cable , on my 92 lx, not knowing what I was doing. Now im getting high idle and i don't know how to fix it. Where do I start? My best guess would be to check the tps values. Also had my brakes go out on the same vehicle today. Had to prime brakes b4 it caught on again. I changed the booster about 2 years ago when this same thing happened and it fixed the problem Now it's happening again. Any help to be pointed in the right direction would be much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts