Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya gotta love an ownage imminent moment, at least I do. So I'm getting off the highway near my house, and a black V8 Dodge Charger douchemobile with eleventybillion K blue HIDs, tints and the works comes flying up behind me. Now the speed limit on this highway is 50 mph, and the exit is 35mph. This particular exit is a steep hill up followed by a prompt drop back down, where it runs along a service road for a few hundred yards before you can make the left turn onto Arden Avenue (the street perpendicular to the highway). Due to the design of this exit, many find it a thrill to exit at slightly higher speeds than 35, because it's fun, until 4 kids in an Altima flipped their car going 100+ over it. They survived, but the police love to stake it out up there at random now, of course. But I digress, anyway I exit the highway going around 40, black Charger flies up behind me, goes around me on the right over a shoulder and through zebra stripes for an exit driveway. So now, this guy can fly past this slow little Taurus all the way up to the left turn on Arden, and I, going around 45, rather than the 75 he was probably going, arrive almost simultaneously. As I pull up to the light, we're both in the left turn lane, an NYPD marked Impala pulls out of the gas station slowly and creeps behind him. So I get out of the left turn lane, pull up next to the cops and ask:

Me: You gonna pull this guy over?
Cops: Haha yeah, why, he's your friend?
Me: Nah, but he sure likes driving like a jackass, going probably 100+ on the service road, tailgating and cutting me off...
Cops: Really? And we were just going for the tints and HIDs...
Me: Yeah it's really annoying how some of these a**holes drive on this Island, but you guys do what you gotta do
Cops: Thanks a lot man, appreciate it!
Me: No prob!

As soon as the light turned green, *whoop whoop*, lights on, ownage begins.

I made the left, and the kid rolls his window down as he pulls over, doesn't even realize what happened and doesn't look at me, his girl looks pissed and so does he.

I'm not one to go rat on people like that, but I'm just plain sick of how reckless some of these a-holes drive around here, there's no accountability, everybody knows somebody in the PD, or at least thinks they do, so there's a sort of entitlement syndrome (typical of Staten Island anyway) and people just drive like complete idiots. Two pedestrians were struck and killed a few weeks ago, in the SAME NEIGHBORHOOD. A man was punched in the face in front of his daughters, because he yelled at some guy who blew a stop sign and almost t-boned him in a COSTCO PARKING LOT. I also know I'm not the perfect driver, and I've had my share of tickets, but it just annoying how while I get tickets for little **** (one was for 41 in a 30 on a street that SHOULD be a 40), people street race, drive like animals, throw things from windows and just generally endanger peoples lives on a daily basis, and I see almost none of these people get what they deserve. Until tonight....

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yeah I agree some people don't give a crap about other drives so they think they own the roads, I just hate when those kind of people don't respect others folks that are following the laws. Honestly it just how inmature those people are even I've seen old people not following the laws then I'm surprised when the government refers to teenagers being bad drivers. It was good you told the cop what that guy was doing because that is how innocent people get involved in accidents so he really deserved getting his butt owned by the cop.

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (RichmondParkway @ Mar 23 2009, 12:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711347
Ya gotta love an ownage imminent moment, at least I do. So I'm getting off the highway near my house, and a black V8 Dodge Charger douchemobile with eleventybillion K blue HIDs, tints and the works comes flying up behind me. Now the speed limit on this highway is 50 mph, and the exit is 35mph. This particular exit is a steep hill up followed by a prompt drop back down, where it runs along a service road for a few hundred yards before you can make the left turn onto Arden Avenue (the street perpendicular to the highway). Due to the design of this exit, many find it a thrill to exit at slightly higher speeds than 35, because it's fun, until 4 kids in an Altima flipped their car going 100+ over it. They survived, but the police love to stake it out up there at random now, of course. But I digress, anyway I exit the highway going around 40, black Charger flies up behind me, goes around me on the right over a shoulder and through zebra stripes for an exit driveway. So now, this guy can fly past this slow little Taurus all the way up to the left turn on Arden, and I, going around 45, rather than the 75 he was probably going, arrive almost simultaneously. As I pull up to the light, we're both in the left turn lane, an NYPD marked Impala pulls out of the gas station slowly and creeps behind him. So I get out of the left turn lane, pull up next to the cops and ask:

Me: You gonna pull this guy over?
Cops: Haha yeah, why, he's your friend?
Me: Nah, but he sure likes driving like a jackass, going probably 100+ on the service road, tailgating and cutting me off...
Cops: Really? And we were just going for the tints and HIDs...
Me: Yeah it's really annoying how some of these a**holes drive on this Island, but you guys do what you gotta do
Cops: Thanks a lot man, appreciate it!
Me: No prob!

As soon as the light turned green, *whoop whoop*, lights on, ownage begins.

I made the left, and the kid rolls his window down as he pulls over, doesn't even realize what happened and doesn't look at me, his girl looks pissed and so does he.

I'm not one to go rat on people like that, but I'm just plain sick of how reckless some of these a-holes drive around here, there's no accountability, everybody knows somebody in the PD, or at least thinks they do, so there's a sort of entitlement syndrome (typical of Staten Island anyway) and people just drive like complete idiots. Two pedestrians were struck and killed a few weeks ago, in the SAME NEIGHBORHOOD. A man was punched in the face in front of his daughters, because he yelled at some guy who blew a stop sign and almost t-boned him in a COSTCO PARKING LOT. I also know I'm not the perfect driver, and I've had my share of tickets, but it just annoying how while I get tickets for little **** (one was for 41 in a 30 on a street that SHOULD be a 40), people street race, drive like animals, throw things from windows and just generally endanger peoples lives on a daily basis, and I see almost none of these people get what they deserve. Until tonight....[/b]
COMPLETELY off-topic here, but I just noticed that you said in your post "jackass," then the next time the word ass came up you said "a**holes," and another time you said "a-holes."

Juuuust bein random.

And wishing I could have witnessed this COMPLETE [email protected]!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I have stuff like this happen a lot. I'm usually a speed limit or slightly less driver. People are always passing me and flipping me the bird, swearing me, etc. 95% of the time, I catch them at the next stoplight.

Or even better when I pass them in a ditch.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Shrike2415 @ Mar 23 2009, 03:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711364
COMPLETELY off-topic here, but I just noticed that you said in your post "jackass," then the next time the word ass came up you said "a**holes," and another time you said "a-holes."

Juuuust bein random.

And wishing I could have witnessed this COMPLETE [email protected]!!!![/b]
LOL I dunno it was late.

QUOTE (Racer X @ Mar 23 2009, 08:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711398
This is why I stay off of Staten Island. :)[/b]
Nice, and its one of the reasons why I might be off Staten Island when I graduate college.

QUOTE (Millermagic @ Mar 23 2009, 09:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711407
I have stuff like this happen a lot. I'm usually a speed limit or slightly less driver. People are always passing me and flipping me the bird, swearing me, etc. 95% of the time, I catch them at the next stoplight.

Or even better when I pass them in a ditch.[/b]
Kind of like the Infiniti G37 that passed me doing in excess of 120 probably, passed him a few miles down the highway (West Shore Expwy, same one I was on last night) with a marked NYPD Charger behind him.

....they're waiting for ya... :thumb:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have to admit, passing them as they are in the ditch is countless times of snapping head back laughter.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
....and when they wreck and kill or hurt somone, they pay for it the rest of their lives in legal costs, lawyer fees, and to the people they hurt.

·
Registered
971 Posts
QUOTE (BetterDays @ Mar 24 2009, 05:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711723
QUOTE (Enzo731 @ Mar 23 2009, 10:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711663
I have to admit, passing them as they are in the ditch is countless times of snapping head back laughter.[/b]
Ticket - yes, accident - not funny.
[/b][/quote]

To a point I agree, if they are in an accident and are hurt, then it is nowhere near funny, but if they're fine and out of the car, then it's funny as hell. Especially when it's snowy out and a 4X4 is driving like an idiot and goes into a ditch then buries the thing even more.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I almost plowed some B#[email protected]$ in a flat grey kia minivan last night at 8:00. The road I was pulling on to had some streetlights but they were all out, and she was driving with NO HEADLIGHTS OR ANYTHING on. I was pulling out of Dominos and luckily caught the glint of the headlights in time to stop as she came flying by doing at least 35-40. Cop nailed her ass just down the road.

My question is how can you drive with no headlights, or even parking lights for that matter? The cluster must have been pitch black, and yet you don't notice that??

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I HATE when people drive without their headlights on.

People tend to do that a lot around here, since virtually every street and stretch of highway is lit. It's still dangerous as all hell and theres really no excuse. I do know that some cars have gauge clusters that light up day or night, though the headlights won't be on (new Hondas do this), but at least then the DRLs come on. This is regardless whether or not you have auto lights, my mothers Civic doesn't have auto lights, but always has DRLs and the cluster lit.

That being said, most cars that I see without headlights or tail lights on at night are newer Accords and Civics. I'll usually flash the brights or kindly roll down the window next to them and tell them their lights are off. Sometimes people in front of you don't have their lights on, and I've repeatedly flashed the brights/turned on and off my headlights behind them, yet they're so stupid they don't realize. Then sometimes I'll just keep my brights on behind them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ugh I can't stand the ###### ******* drivers on this island... The biggest thing that pisses off is how EVERYONE tailgates you! :angryfire: No matter what speed you go, even if it's 80 on the koren war vets, YOU STILL GET TAILGATED! EVEN IF ITS 2AM AND THERES JUST U AND THE ******* BEHIND U TAILGAITING FOR LIKE 2 MILES WHEN HE HAS NO REASON NOT TO SWITCH LANES! WTF!!!!!!!!!! Wait wait it gets better. I usually always drive the speed limit, if not never over 5. I have been cut off by cops twice and they gave me a dirty look because I was going the speed limit.... WTF?? lol I was on the service road by the charlston shopping center once and I stopped at the light and a cop rolls up and he's like why didn't you run the light?? I wouldn't have pulled you over! Then laughs. I was just like :huh: lol I got weird stories man but even the cops are **** drivers. I can't tell you how many times i see them purposely run lights because they think they "could" and seen them cross the median to the other side of traffic to get to dunkin donuts NO LIE! Cop drivers aren't saints with driving either. Staten island drivers are just :picard2: Didn't someone crash a mustang on that same service road and kill a girl in the back seat? People think they're invincible when they speed, and that nothing will go wrong. I feel so unsafe driving in staten island. Following the rules of the road can get you ###### killed here... well mostly driving on the expressways... I can't tell you how many times tractor trailers come centimeters from my bumper and keep doing it till I either speed up or change lanes.... :angryfire: But I love how people who tailgate you then arrogently pass you and fly by like they're stomping on the gas only to end up at the same light like you said happened to you. I laugh every time it happens cause it really is every time.

QUOTE (dark_fire @ Mar 24 2009, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711885
My question is how can you drive with no headlights, or even parking lights for that matter? The cluster must have been pitch black, and yet you don't notice that??[/b]
I've seriously ALWAYS wondered that too my self. How do you NOT notice?!

QUOTE (RichmondParkway @ Mar 24 2009, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711898
I'll usually flash the brights or kindly roll down the window next to them and tell them their lights are off. Sometimes people in front of you don't have their lights on, and I've repeatedly flashed the brights/turned on and off my headlights behind them, yet they're so stupid they don't realize. Then sometimes I'll just keep my brights on behind them.[/b]
You know flashing your brights is very illegal right? I wouldn't do it anymore if I were you. Just a tip. And yesterday twice I almost got ran over by a ###### black cab cause he had his lights off and I didn't notice it till last second when i saw the reflection of the street lights bouncing off the windshield.

"I live in NY too and I just wanted to let you know that it actually is highly illegal to flash your brights at someone for any reason, even if you're just being polite and signaling that they can go.

The reason it's illegal is, what if you are at an intersection where you have right of way and you plan on taking it, but you accidentally hit your high beams quick and the person across from you takes this as a signal to go? It could cause an accident.

So just be careful, if a cop wants to, he can pull you over for flashing your highbeams, no matter why you did it. I know this because my cousin is a state trooper."

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I guess that's the nice thing about driving out in the country. If it's a double yellow and someone wants to tailgate, just flash the right blinker a few times and they pass. Stopping usually doesn't work as they stop too and ask if everything is oka.y

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Reminds me of a time a little over month ago, It was snowing and the roads were a bit slick, I was driving on 495 and this prick in this red Stratus comes flying onto the highway, doesn't yield to me or the rest of the traffic in the right lane, he guns it to get around me, and threads the needle through traffic just to get into the left lane and take off.

A few minutes later, I'm crossing the double decker bridge in Lawrence/North Andover, MA and I see all this red and black plastic debris scattered all over the highway, and as I get up a little further, there's the red Dodge Stratus, turned around backwards with the left side smashed into the barrier on the edge of the bridge. :lol2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts