Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Unfortunately it is difficult, if not impossible to buy product locally for a Taurus, and I have difficulty in getting larger items to Australia from the US.

I have looked up stuff on the internet, found what I want, and am then told, yep we will send it to you, but you need to arrange the freight to Australia. Fine. I then look for companies, send them emails (which is really all I can do unless I get up at some stupid hour of the night to make 20 phone calls), and then . . . silence . . no responses

Does anyone know of reliable companies in the US that I can contact? I know US Postal Service are great for many things, and I use them quite a bit, but when it comes to things like wheels, bumpers etc, it is just a nightmare.

Freight costs a fortune, and is generally 3 times the price of the item itself for the things I have so far. Price is always an issue, and so some items I simply forget about, BUT in some cases like wheels, that cant be sourced here (unless I accept some really crummy styles) I either leave my current wheels on for ever, or import them and pay a lot for freight.

Any Ideas on who I could try? It is more that I dont get responses that is really frustrating.

Thanks

Rob :(

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
**** Tom Hanks was working in Russia for FedEx when his plane crashed.

I would think they go down under also

Mike
:dunno:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
lol

For some reason you can't go to your local Ford dealership and get it shipped there?

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
**** Tom Hanks was working in Russia for FedEx when his plane crashed.

I would think they go down under also

Mike
:dunno:
[/b]
Unfortunately no. In some cases I have, but many of the things I am after (like wheels) are after market things.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Do you have any marketable skills?

Get a visa and move over here to a car crazy country.

Mike
B)

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
I'd take a taurus over any FPV product.
[/b]
You're on crack. You have to be on crack. Being on crack is the ONLY thing that could validate what you just said. Seriously. [/b][/quote]

Heroin ??? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
14,124 Posts
You can buy my '97 SHO and I'll come over and tell you all about it if you pay the passage.......

I have an online Fed Ex account http://www.fedex.com/au/dropoff/#0 that you only need some sort of financial account to get it. They offer world wide rates. So does the USPS http://www.usps.com/ if you want to go that route. Anytime I ship to Canada I might as well be shipping to Australia for all the hassle.

But with a Fed Ex account you can arrange for shipping and have it all prepaid. The person with the parts is only responsible for the packaging.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
www.uship.com

For large or bulky parts, look for international freight forwarders. Most freight forwarders will arrange for some type of door to door pickup/delivery, or at the very least door to port services. They will take care of all customs paperwork, taxes, insurance, and transporter charges.

But for your run of mill boxed parts, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS are sufficient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts