Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Ford Taurus with the DOHC. When I was going to disneyland, the water pump belt broke and the car overheated. I replaced belt, the thermostat and the water pump.

The Taurus, however, temperature will rise to as much as 260 degrees. When the temperature goes up, however, the heater goes cold. When the heater goes hot, the car temp goes back to normal.

It seems like a circulation problem which is why I replaced the pump and thermostat. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with the hose from the water pump to the thermostat and have not been able to find a replacement part except for the ford part at $203. Which I don't have to spend. Can anyone post a image of an alternative solution or a link to an aftermarket version.

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
Cloudchaos, pearl drummer says you can source that hose assy. from advance auto for $50. Other option is what SoNic67 is referring to, 1.5 in. diameter 22 in. long flex hose and zip tie away from compressor pulley (belt). Either way, its best to hacksaw the old pipe in half for removal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts