Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good evening my friends, I found this pipe that starts to blow (flow meter) and goes to the back of the engine.
I saw this hole and it's not normal because it does not rotate properly. I think it will be difficult to find in France ....
If anyone can help me? Thank you

</pre>

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hello, could someone tell me what is the purpose of these 3 hoses? I always worry about my engine stalling.
I would like to fix it as soon as possible and I do not know where to look. Thank you for your answers .

</pre>

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Hello, could someone tell me what is the purpose of these 3 hoses? I always worry about my engine stalling.
I would like to fix it as soon as possible and I do not know where to look. Thank you for your answers .
Two provide fresh air to the valve covers. It is metered since it had been through the MAF. That metered air passes trough the MAF, then through the engine, then through the PCV and back to the intake. Thus measured air flow takes a round a bout cleansing of the crankcase and goes back to the engine intake. If there is a leak in these, unmetered air goes through the engine and makes for measuring error of air flow. I forgot what the third hose does.

-chart-

·
Registered
22,851 Posts
Iirc, 3rd hose runs to the black plastic vacuum manifold box mounted on the drivers firewall above the brake master cylinder reservoir. Marked A/I (air intake)?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hello, I will try to find what these pipes do, yesterday I did 600km (370 Mile) on the highway everything is fine but when I'm in town it becomes hell!
The car stalls constantly when I stop. I also noticed that when I arrived home (about 1 hour later) there was water flowing from below ...
I took some pictures, do you know what it's all about? She had never done that! Thank you for your answers .
Water flows under the passenger side. No smell, not oily.

</pre>

·
Registered
198 Posts
That big pipe is your exhaust pipe. Something above it appears to be leaking. Since it appears to have no smell, I'm guessing it's just condensation from your air conditioner (which has a drip line from the condenser that might be somewhere nearby. If that's the case, it would be totally normal to find moisture dripping under the car from the air conditioner (when it's running).

On the other hand, it could be something else. I'm sure somebody else will be able to help more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You need to clean the MAF sensor, the IAC valve, and the throttle body.
If you can get it there in France,Walmart sells a package that contains everything you need.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CRC-MAF-Throttle-Body-Single-Use-Twin-Pack-1-Kit/36755294

less than $8 American. (About 7 Euro)

There are good videos on doing all of this on YouTube.

Just search YouTube for "Taurus clean IAC" or "Taurus clean MAF"

That should take care of all idle issues.

ANY idle issues, this is what you should do first.

Rabbit out!

·
Registered
605 Posts
A tip if you'd like to like to ship anything overseas.

There are shipping forwarding companies who will accept deliveries and then forward them to any address. They will even consolidate shipments.

I used such a company in Oregon to receive an iMac and had them ship it to me in California.

For somebody in France, you may want to find a similar company on the east coast, preferably in a no or low sales tax state.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts