Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the new 6's came in. We got a coupe and a convertible; and the whole afternoon the guys were going nuts test driving them. We got them as demos; soon we'll be getting in the customer orders.

They are very sharp looking and from what the techs have said- very fast. I myself could not tell you as I was left to run the parts dept while everyone else got to play

As soon as I can get a picture of me in one of them I will post it. That may take until they are done prepping them though. Or even if I can get close enough to take just a pic of the car (although I want one of me in it just to make my best friend jealous!).

Tina

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I got an invitation from my dealer for a "grand unveiling" tomorrow. This thing is just pure hotness... one of the few Bangle products I'm looking forward to.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Ehhh....its ok looking, but for that money you could have a AMG CLK55.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
That'd be the E55 Amg
Thats one fast motha!

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk+Mar 11 2004, 07:45 PM-->QUOTE (mikehawk @ Mar 11 2004, 07:45 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-jtkz13
@Mar 11 2004, 07:39 PM
Ehhh....its ok looking, but for that money you could have a AMG CLK55. 
Isn't that the 4 door mercedes that's faster than the z06? It's got the supercharged 5.0 that puts it in the low 12's, right? [/b]
That's the AMG E55. Makes M5 and 360 owners cry to their mommies.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
AMG E55 = Supercharged 5.5L 24V V-8, 469hp, 516lb-ft. 4087 lbs

The Mercedes is faster strait on, and it is a safer car.

BMW 645i Coupe=4.4L 32V V-8, 325hp, 330lb-ft. 3792 lbs

The BMW, would be more fun to drive in the corners, and its got the look.

J

·
0 Posts
I, personally, do not like the newest look that BMW has. I like their previous look a lot better. What's with everyone messing up their styling this year? I mean look what GM's done - they ruined a lot of stuff IMO. Oh well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I love the new 6 series, (I like the new 5 series aswell...I have to since we got one).

FYI....the next generation M5 (based on the current e60 5 series) will one hell of a car, that can take on the E55 again.

(5 Litre V10)...producing around 500 bhp (368 kW) and a maximum torque of at least 500 Nm

Engineers at BMW M envisage the car accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 62 mph) over the classic distance in well under 5 seconds, the 200 km/h mark being reached in just 13 seconds.

BMW M engineers would not focus on sheer torque alone, but first and foremost on engine power, a sign of effective utilisation of the undoubtedly very substantial performance potential that is available.

Thanks to a superior gearbox solution, the driver can benefit from a completely new 7-speed SMG, a rapid manual gear-shift and, if required, comfortable cruising.

BMW M engineers aspired to achieve the best power-to-weight ratio in this market segment, thereby fully utilising their abundant experience in suspension design.

[/b]
If I had the money...it'd be mine the second it goes into production

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
While still a huge AMG Fan, I do have to admit 6-series does get a nod from me regarding the its elegance in performance, handling, and sheer power. Nice Car...do recommend it.....I consider this in the same class as Mercedes' little monster "AMG E-55"

Nasty nasty car.....It is supposed to be 470HP but dynoed at 520 HP. Idiot Neighbor's one is modded at 600 HP

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts