Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Public service announcement follows

Back at the end of last year, I got ripped off by a member here. Oscar Romero, under the user afterburn, took my payment for a wireless PCI card and ran. I never got my money back, because he spent it:
Feedback

He stopped posting. A short time afterwards, a new member appeared, Dark Link. I guess it's because he didn't want to have the bad image from being a deadbeat seller, so he created a new profile.
Dark Link

How do I know? Let's list similarities in the profiles:
Both have '96 LS Sables
Both cars are that dark grey color with what looks like a purpleish hue
Both cars have moonroofs
Both had engine problems (Duratecs) at the end of last year- requiring replacing the engine
Both mention that they live in the Anaheim, CA area
Both mention previously owning a 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Both cars even have "Oakland Raiders" plate frames
Strangely afterburn mentions a "small accident" in the Sable (when he went to jail), and Dark Link now has a silver fender on the Sable.

Do not do business with this man :thumb:

To Oscar, aka Dark Link, aka afterburn, aka (msn)Rombossy416, aka [email protected], aka [email protected], aka (AOL)Rombossy416, aka (icq) 151620041, whatever the hell you want to be called, You got my money yet? And no I don't want the silver fender off your car that you offered to sell me in my thread, do you really think a fender off a 1996 Sable will fit a 2000 Taurus? Idiot.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
thats messed up. :huh:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
jerkwad.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
******* :(

Honesty I have encountered for the most part still exists here. Sad to hear you had a bad experience, I'd be pissed as all hell.

Sucks because I will be skeptical buying from newer users with less experience here. And I know since I don't have any feedback as a seller, someone might be skeptical of buying from me when I do decide to list junk.

And wtf, I thought paypal was supposed to hold the money from the seller if there is a dispute...

I know when I sold something... Some POS Dell laptop that I listed was a POS... A customer wanted their money back after realizing it wasn't a fully functional laptop... PayPal ripped the money out of my bank account when he filed it, PayPal did rule in my favor after reading the auction... But it took forever back when I was strapped for cash (and still am...) :(

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And wtf, I thought paypal was supposed to hold the money from the seller if there is a dispute...

[/b]
<H3 class=status>Status</H3>We were able to recover $0.00 USD from the seller and processed a refund to you.

What happens next

We're working with the seller to recover the rest of your refund. We'll let you know when the seller is able to full refund your payment.[/b]

I would think they would just yank it, but guess not.....

Funny how this dirtbag can afford to make a car pc, wonder if he stole that stuff too :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
you guys must be really stupid to link all that **** together.

And for some reason, we probably have the same IP number right? All those things seem very similiar, but not even close at all. I live in a city nearby Anaheim, not in anaheim.

As for your money, you will be getting that soon, I apologize for the wait. I've been without because of some unfortunate problems in our family house.

Afterburn

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

And for some reason, we probably have the same IP number right? All those things seem very similiar, but not even close at all. I live in a city nearby Anaheim, not in anaheim.

As for your money, you will be getting that soon, I apologize for the wait. I've been without because of some unfortunate problems in our family house.

Afterburn [/b]
Both mention that they live in the Anaheim, CA area[/b]

Funny how Dark Link hasnt been online all day until he logged out at 1:51pm (Mountian time) and you logged in immediately after he logged out- after not being on the forum since January 6th.

You're a bad ###### liar.

Did you see all my posts you your forum before it shut down? You didnt answer those either.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Yes like I said, I haven't been online for a while or at all, I've been online only when I've had the opportunity.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

Afterburn
[/b]
soo you mysteriously show back up after he links the two accounts for being the same person?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I do have his money, im not giving anymore explanations on other things, but aside from that, why would I go making two accounts? Whats so rare about two cars that look alike, this is California. I see about 25 sables/taurus everyday around here and some with the same color. As matter a fact, there is a grey sable around the neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I know hoe we could settle all of this. Dark Link just take a picture of your car without a silver fender with like todays newspaper or something

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think a better question is, why wouldn't "Dark Link" DISTANCE himself from you, after reading all the replies to this thread ( http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65252 ) created by him YESTERDAY. It would stand to reason that if "Dark Link" was a different person...than he would have checked that thread for replies and noticed the **** storm flying...which would cause him to save his good name by reassuring everyone that HE isn't YOU...but that didn't happen...and it is obvious to everyone why... :glare:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Well I have to admit in the back of my mind I was hoping that this wasn't true... but Dark Link has never posted any pictures of his car...? Ever.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.