Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my open door indicator has been staying on from time to time when clearly all the doors are firmly shut. I suspect it's a switch in one of the door frames that is causing it. I've had this happen with other vehicles in the past and that was the cause and it was a relatively easy fix on that make and model.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Gen 3 Taurus or Sable and can comment on it? I'm curious how easy/hard it was to replace the switch and if the switch is the same in all doors. It would be nice to pick up one switch from the parts store and it fit all four doors since I'm not sure which one is the culprit yet.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Looks like I got another thing to add to the todo list this weekend. <_<

·
Registered
193 Posts
This should be in Maintenance and repair.

Read this thread:

Door Ajar

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad. Thanks for the link though. Will try that WD-40 next chance i get.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have been having the same problem too, but it only happens when I have my drivers side window down before I start the car. You knw, like when you have the car sitting at home on a hot day, and you open a couple windows a little to let it air out so it is not as hot in it when you go to get in. Should the WD-40 work with this problem?

·
Registered
193 Posts
It won't hurt to give it a try. It sounds like you have a loose connector or something though.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI - I just shot a little WD-40 in all the door latches while at lunch and no more door ajar indicator. Will be curious to see how long this last for or if it starts doing it again.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I did it two years ago and all is still well. I suspect there is some OEM grease on the switch that the WD40 takes off.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, well i'll keep my fingers crossed that i won't have to revisit this issue again for a while then.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by hightecredneck@May 22 2004, 11:21 PM
Cool, well i'll keep my fingers crossed that i won't have to revisit this issue again for a while then.
Yeah, I did this a long time ago as well and haven't had to redo it either. :banana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts