Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ,

Here is the problems i am having , and before any says take it to a mechanic well i took it to 3 and could not get an answer.

So while sitting still the car hiccups and if i mash the throttle it hiccups real bad with a small backfire sound from under the hood, What could this be.

Second , when i got to work this morning i noticed a little smoke coming from under the hood , i looked and noticed that under the wire harness cover in the middle of the intake down on the block there is a puddle of oil that was burning , i know i wasnt there before, what could this be.

I have no check engine light coming on.

1996 Taurus LX
Duratec 24v DOHC

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Have you had any recent engine work?? Tune-up, gaskets, intake removal/cleaning?? Puddle of oil is obviously a leak or seepage, find that and repair. "Hiccup" could be an IMRC/intake /vacuum leak, and part of the oil leak.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the Hiccup , I took my Ignition Coil off and looked at the bottom of it and it was missing a chunk of the Plastic body. I installed a new BWD Coil and took the valve covers off and think i found my leak.

Car runs great and i hope the little bit of smoke i see is just the old oil burning off

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I found the Hiccup , I took my Ignition Coil off and looked at the bottom of it and it was missing a chunk of the Plastic body. I installed a new BWD Coil and took the valve covers off and think i found my leak.

Car runs great and i hope the little bit of smoke i see is just the old oil burning off
[/b]
You took it to 3 mechanics and none of them found a bad coil pack? Are they all retarded? I'd suggest you NEVER go to any of them again if they're that stupid that they can't find a coil pack with a chunk missing when you have a misfire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts