Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
back from vacation just caught up i see a sept 6th date? and Centennial Park where is that located?
Etobicoke! Very close to where I live.

It's essentially a park with lots of parking spaces and soccer fields. It would be an awesome spot to meet up at then leave that spot then cruise to another spot.

Can everyone who wants to participate in this, either Pm me or tell me in this thread.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok so we have a few people who are down.

What would you guys like to do!?

Need ideas!

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Park meet, grilling, cruise?

Anything I brought over the border would need to be declared, but I'd happy chip in for the cost of anything we end up using there.

Any scenic spots to stop for a photoshoot?

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Could possibly meet at Centennial Park in Etobicoke as mentioned before. There are go-karts and batting cages, and I think a snack bar. Or maybe something in Oakville with a photo opportunity at the Oakville Ford plant.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I think they would let us as it is the national head office and we would not be going to the production area, but to the office building. I will check out the parking lot access this week to make sure it is accessible.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I agree with jimmer. I think we should be ok to roll up and take a few photos and hang out.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Checked out the Ford headquarters and the driveways and parking lots are wide open, no gates. If security should come by while we are there, I am sure they won't mind. There is a park on Lakeshore called Lakeside Park, about 15 minutes from the plant. Not a huge park, but pretty close to the plant. Centennial Park, as I suggested earlier, is a much better meet park, but very far from the plant. Mike, any thoughts on a meet spot?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Checked out the Ford headquarters and the driveways and parking lots are wide open, no gates. If security should come by while we are there, I am sure they won't mind. There is a park on Lakeshore called Lakeside Park, about 15 minutes from the plant. Not a huge park, but pretty close to the plant. Centennial Park, as I suggested earlier, is a much better meet park, but very far from the plant. Mike, any thoughts on a meet spot?
Anything works for me.. Only problem I have work till 1 (If i cant get it off, im waiting for an answer)

A little cruise to the plant does not hurt!! :D

What does everyone else think??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone. New member as of yesterday and new used Taurus owner as of last Wednesday. I would like to join you if I can. I will keep watch for updates. I grew up in Oakville, my dad used to work at the Ford building in the 60's!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hi everyone. New member as of yesterday and new used Taurus owner as of last Wednesday. I would like to join you if I can. I will keep watch for updates. I grew up in Oakville, my dad used to work at the Ford building in the 60's!!
Sounds good!! Welcome to TCCA!!

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
We could meet in Oakville and then have a backroad cruise or something into the other park?

Also, I think I'll post on FB... see if we can't scare up a few more bulls.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Welcome SedanMan. -- Ok, how about we meet at Centennial Park by the ski hill for 2:00. Then set the route to the Ford plant and cruise there?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 82 Posts