Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"There's Only One Soap That Can Get These Hands Clean! That's Lava."

Or so goes the original Lava ad. For those of us who don't use Nitrile gloves, clean-up can be a chore. What has worked best for me, over the years, is Lava Hand Soap and an old Rescue Pad. What works best for the rest of you?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Snap On tools hand cleaner

·
Registered
663 Posts
Those citrus cleaning globs (Gojo, Fast Orange, etc) usually work best. Lava bar is too rough on the skin and doesn't even clean as well as the citrus globs.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Fast orange for me :)

S

·
0 Posts
Fast Orange. I love the way this smells... hmmm orangy scent!!

I hate Gojo, we have that at my work, never works well on my hands, always embedds the dirt, more then removes it.

It's all about CITRUS POWAH!

Sal

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've used dry laundry Sunlight before at a friends house. :D

Usually Gojo for me though...

Ryan

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I have a broken can of Gojo and when the parts start to seperate, it cleans even better than before.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Depends on the nature of the grime. If it's petroleum-based grease, I use kerosene or gasoline. If it's glue, paint, or adhesive, I use acetone, toluene, xylene, or naptha. If that doesn't work, I use non-chlorinated brake cleaner. If all else fails, I sand the skin off the affected area with 120-grit aluminum oxide sandpaper.

Then, once or twice a year, I go to the doctor's office and have him remove all the cancerous tumors and lesions from my hands.

Soap is for wussies. :fruit:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gojo, Fast Orange, and Lava for those "sensitive" areas.

A wall mounted belt sander with #80 3M Wet/Dry.

Fire, I've got a big bottle of Dawn and a sink full of dishes, of you've got some time...

·
Registered
17 Posts
One trick I use is to scrape my fingernails on a bar of soap to get a chunk under each one. Stops a lot of crap from getting under there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Fast Orange and a stiff brush for under the fingernails.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts