Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been thinking about doing this to my '04 SEL; however every module that Ive seen says it will only work with vehicles that have the turn signals separate from the brake/running lights.
Has anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I had to Google it. I didn't even know a module like this existed. I was thinking, the Taurus does have one-touch lane change function since I can just yank the steering wheel over and the car changes lanes.
Blinking Smart Lane Changer Installatin Instructions

Looks like this module just monitors the turn signal wires and sends the power back to the wires basically backfeeding the power to the circuit. The reason why it won't work on the Taurus is because when the turn signal is on, it interrupts the brake signal to the respective light. With the turn signal off (lever in neutral position), the brake light signal is active so if you install this, it would make all your brake lights flash.

Knowing this, you would need to mod your car to have separate turn signals from the brake lights (which has been done before and there is a write-up on the forum somewhere) if you want to use this module.

Or cut the brake light wire under the dash and live without brake lights but have a sweet one-touch flasher.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
last night when I was searching for an answer I came accross the link you shared. So you are saying if I had the 'amber blinker mod' done to my taurus this would work?
That would be nice, because I completed that mod just over a month ago.
any other tips you can think of?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts