Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Its not that bad. Its just another "Burnt Rice" special.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
This is a 1992 Ford Taurus, this car was purchased by my grandfather in 1992, then he gave it to me as a graduation gift.  This vehicle color was special ordered for my grandmother before she died. My husband and I own a 1999 dodge ram and when our son was born in 2002 we purchased a new 2003 Tahoe, so we no longer need the car.[/b]
Can you believe that it was a woman that did this. I thought only Sarah would go to these extremes.

Actually doesn't look too bad. At least there's no japanese letters or Type-R on it.

-mobiuslogic

N

·
0 Posts
I like the hood sticker that is not centered, its 2 inches too much to the right

·
Registered
131 Posts
Night, its too much to the LEFT!!!

Yet another victim of "selling with a dirty engine"

·
Registered
326 Posts
This guy can really ham it up also: QUOTE
this car was purchased by my grandfather in 1992, then he gave it to me as a graduation gift.  This vehicle color was special ordered for my grandmother before she died[/b]
The paint looks stock. I am gonna call

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Whoa!!!! How did that happen?!?
I give that trucker a 9.
Just because he didn't run off the cliff. Looks like something that would happen on Lookout MTN, here in Chattanooga. :jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Hmm I love how you guys love to bash these tauruses. Im not seein much of a diff between this car and another car in this club. Quit ur whining and do up your car and make it look better, quit complaining about what other people do to their Tauruses.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Mar 23 2004, 10:29 PM
Y'know, it has always scared me that ford didn't feel the need to make an odometer that went over 100,000 miles for the GI and GII's.
My odometer in the '93 reads to 999,999.9 miles.
There's no way that car is a special order paint, and no way that is dropped four inches. Nyron's car sits lower than that, and his is 2.5-3" lower than stock IIRC.

Gotta love the stock hubcaps too!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Apr 5 2004, 10:26 AM
My odometer in the '93 reads to 999,999.9 miles.
G2s used the 100k odo until 1993. '94/'95 models got the million mile odo.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
"My husband lowered it four inches, added a sunroof, spoiler, and neon lights. The lights are attatched except the passanger side ( which was busted on delivery & replaced, it is in the trunk) however the lights are not hooked up"

Dumb husband if you ask me... I can't believe he did all that work on the Taurus. It wasn't even worth it. Especially the decaling.

Also Qwertz, I have a '94 and only have a 100,000 odometer. I've rolled over to 60k now.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Weird. When I was doing research on eBay most of the '94s and '95s I saw had million mile odos and '92/'93s had 100k odos. Then I looked again today and there was a '94 with a 100k odo and different '94 w/ a million mile odo. Ford must have used leftover parts on the early models of that year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts