Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a box of old auto waxes, polishes, and stuff.
A bunch of it had dried up and so on, but what didn't I cleaned up a little and took a photo of it.

Here it is:

http://picasaweb.google.com/motorcycleweas...408812637416114

There is all kinds of stuff there.
There is "cutting compound".
There is Cleaner/Glaze, All Purpose Dressing, Heavy Duty Cleaner, and Glass Cleaner.
Some Scratch Out
A couple different kinds of Turtle Wax, some Blue Poly.
Some Vision "Auto Polish", some "The Treatment" Carnuba Wax, and some stuff from Auto Armor (the Paint Protection System has Teflon in it).

Which of these would you use? Other than the waxes, what is some of that other stuff used for (obviously glass cleaner is for ....glass, and so on). What makes the different waxes different?

I picked up a clay bar and will be claying the vehicle, but after that I expect to wax it.
I hate waxing, so doing this more than once a year just isn't going to happen.

My '97 Sable is scratched up in places pretty bad, but has very very little corrosion (pretty much only the beginnings around the wheel wells).

·
Registered
671 Posts
Chances are high that:
- the product have possibly expired and may not be effective. Try them at your own risk.
- I didn't see anything in that photo worthy of using. A trash receptacle is probably your best bet for those products. I say this as the products if not agitated frequently have probably separated and been exposed to varying temperatures.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tossed out the dried up or iffy ones. As it turns out, only one of the items above is not fairly recent - within the last 5-10 years certainly. All of the waxes are in like-new condition. "The Treatment" stuff is OK, but the others seem pretty good. I used some of the other stuff today (the cutting compound and the Cleaner/Glaze) and they are good for taking out 1000 and 1500 grit scratches, respectively. They seemed to do a good job on the lighter scratches, anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Not trying to be a **** but even if they weren't expired I would throw everything away except maybe the scratch out.

Just my opinion and worth every cent you paid for it.

Mike
B)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts