Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. With the recent rash of Heavy-duty tornados in Oklahoma, it caused a bit of concern on this end as to whether you Okies were okay after all of that mess.

Please post up if you get a chance, and let us know how things are going in your area of tornado alley, and if you fared okay through the storms.

-FFVulcanWeatherman.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Fine and dandy, just a lil soggy. Front yard turned into a swimming pool last night. OKC got hit pretty good though from what I hear.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
They went north and west of Tulsa and then a seperate storm cell went across @ I35 around Ardmore.

We just got a lot of much needed rain. Electric popped on and off about 3 times and it takes the Direct TV DVR about twenty minutes to go thru all of it's tests when it looses power.

I have a call into a buddy that lived in Lone Grove. That is where the 8 people were killed. He hasn't called me back.

For what it's worth in the movie twister when they went to her aunt's house it was just a few miles down the same road from Lone Grove.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ya Lone Grove got hit pretty good. Our internet wireless tower is in Durant. It got taken out temporarily.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone heard anything from Sean?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Anyone heard anything from Sean? [/b]
He lives in Tulsa IIRC, and AFAIK there wasn't any tornadoes in that area. That and apparently he's online now.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Who's this Sean you speak of?
:dunno:

Yep, as Mike said, we got a quite a bit of rain here in Ol T-Town.
But we lucked out... this time!
:lol2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts