Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,214 Posts
The oil pressure sensor is on the rear side of the engine on the driver's side. It's going to be higher up, you'll be able to see it thru the top of the engine compartment. You won't have to get on the ground to get at it. Sorry I don't have any pics for you, I can't find my flashlight and my camera doesn't have a flash. :lol: If no one posts a pic then I'll take a pic of where it is for ya tomorrow.

· Registered
1,214 Posts
Ok here are the pics.... this should make it extremely easy to find..... Note... if you're going to change it, you'll need a special oil pressure switch socket. I believe but am not 100% sure that its 1". Now on to the pics.... dammit.... its not letting me post! I tried posting a pic that i've posted before but I keep getting the same error..... "The requested file upload failed. This is either because it was not in the correct format, or the file size was larger than that allowed. Please check the file you wish to upload and try again."

· Registered
1,214 Posts
LOL. You do have the correct socket for it right? It will seem very tight... thats how it normally is. Just about every oil pressure sensor i've taken out has been in very tight. Just give it a good twist, it'll come off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.