Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had whent too a site that had all the recalls listed and alot of the small stuff was listed on there like;
listed under "Service Bulletins"

oil pan leaking tsb# 03-5-3 issue date march 03
wipers comeing on when switch is of tsb# 00-9-6 date may 00

are they going charge to have these problem fix even if they are on a recall list?

thanks,
chris

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Recalls shouldn't cost you a dime. Bring them to your local stealership and tell them it needs to be serviced for recalls. You can give them the specific recalls but they should be able to pull up all the ones needed and already performed on your vehicle.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Are your wipers running when the switch is off? Do you have an oil leak?

I emailed the whole TSBs to you.

·
Registered
712 Posts
BTW, Field Service Actions (recalls) are when Ford actively tries to get customers to come in for a fix for a problem with their car (usually a safety issue).

TSBs are Technical Service Bulletins. They are the recommended fixes for common problems that are found. If the particular problem arises on your vehicle, the TSB is there so your mechanic can quickly diagnose and fix it. If your car is past it's warranty, a TSB does not mean that Ford wants to fix it for free.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
:withstupid: What i said above was for recalls only not TSBs.

·
Registered
712 Posts
In the TSB it does say this:
NOTE:  DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE BY REPLACING THE GENERIC ELECTRONIC MODULE (GEM) OR THE WIPER CONTROL MODULE.
But, I'd think they mean to not start by replacing the WCM, because it's much more likely to be one of the other items listed in the TSB.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only fixed while still under warenty.....Damn it well at least I've a good friend that works at a local dearship for the wipers. I guess I'll get back under the car and cheak out the oilpan It wouldn't be so bad , but the oil getts on the exhaust and smoks sometimes and it smell like crap.

thanks,
chris

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sometimes you can get Ford to cover repairs still. Especially in the case of the wipers. That problem was usually due to a couple of questionable parts, or sometimes poor connections. Ford is well aware of it, as the problem ran thru almost the entire vehicle line for a while. Read the TSB I sent and you and you'll understand.

The oil leak OTOH, was a problem that would have shown up right away (probably). I think Ford is much less likely to want to pay for that one.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Vulcans are known for oil pan gasket leaks.
Every single vulcan car I've owned (5) in the last 10 years has needed the gasket replaced. ;)
My parents vulcan had the same issue. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.