Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The oil leak on the Sable is getting worse now...it looks and smells like the car is on fire when I park it from all the smoke (dripping on the hot Y pipe). I think it's coming from the oil pan gasket...does anyone know of a good online parts source where I can order this (other than getting ripped by the dealer)? It's for a Duratec motor, 1996 model year.

Also, for anyone who has replaced the pan gasket; anything I should watch out for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
any auto parts store can get teh gasket for u. go with felpro they have some of the best gaskets.

whe i looked at my 3.8 replaceing the gasket didn't look that hard. well compated to my f150 with the cross beams right in the way.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Make sure you get all the old gasket off, and clean out that pan before it goes on. Pretty easy job, about 1.5 - 2 hrs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it looks like I need to drop the Y pipe to get the pan off...anything I should know about doing the Y? I imagine it's going to be a pain with the pre-cats in the way (at least I think it has pre-cats, rght?).

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts