Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have had this problem for a long time now. I dont even know where to begin really. The light only comes on when the car is in gear and at an idle, around 800 rpms. It goes out as soon as you increase rpms to 900. Car runs fine. OK lets see if I can answer some questions that you all may ask. I am running valvoline 10w 30. I have changed the sending unit and the distributer or the thing that is like the distributor. The name is slipping my mind right now. I just got the car back from the shop. The oil pump is fine. He changed main bearings and rod bearings, found 2 small shavings in the oil pan. Hes not real sure where they came from. Drove the car home and the light still comes on in gear at an idle. I put some STP in it and for now that has the light off. I am fearing that it is cam or cam bearings. Any ideas or theories on what the problem is I am all ears.

·
Registered
160 Posts
camshaft position synchro is what you replaced? How many miles ago was that, and did you use a genuine Motorcraft part?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is what I replaced, not even 600 miles ago. Was not Motorcraft, from Autozone, not sure of the brand.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Autozone only sells the the crappy dorman part that fails almost immediately. Please get rid of the dorman part and use the motorcraft one. Also, the oil pump could be bad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was making the typical squeaking noise when I replaced it . No noise at all now, it still could be bad?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
First I'd check to see what your actual oil pressure is. Might be the switch is faulty, but you have to get the oil pressure checked to make sure it is or isn't in the proper specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts