Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I noticed when i was on the Highway the other day that when i used the break, my oil light would flicker on and off, but when i hit the gas, it would go away. The next day whe i was doin some city driving, it never flashed or any thing when i would use the break. Maybe have somethin to do with the o2 sensor? I have a new DPFE sensor, but no o2, and my miles per gallon is TERRIBLE!!! and i mean for a full tank of gas with a mixture of city and highway i get about 205 and then my Gas light comes on! I mean the needle is at the red when it comes on, so i dont go any farther to see how much more she will go.... but if you guys know any thing i could do that would be Dandy! Thanks a lot!~

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Did you check the oil level? I had a car where the oil light would come on in corners and that's when I found out it was starting to burn oil.

Otherwise an oil light would mean low oil pressure, could be an oil pump starting to go or maybe a bad oil pressure sending unit.

Don't think the bad gas mileage is related unless you haven't changed your oil in a while and the old oil isn't reducing friction enough so that you end up using more gas.

X

·
0 Posts
Check the oil level. My car used to tick when ONLY when I hit the brakes. Turns out it needed 4 quarts :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well actually i just got a new oil change 2 weeks ago by goodyear and i checked the Oil and it was a little bit above the max but also i am havin more problems, but i dont think these are related to the Oil. ONE... is it normal when you open up your coolent for it to be bursting out of the cap after 20 min of driving? TWO... I have subs and what not in my car, but i still have stock speakers, but when i am driving when i take corners or slow down my left speaker cuts out and makes a raddle sound however when i am stopped or parked it is fine! Ne sughestions? do i have a short or maybe a bad speaker? thanks! :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Your coolant reserviour is pressurized so yeah, coolant is gonna spew when hot. Don't know about the speaker though.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I would guess that the speaker is shot. They aren't really protected very well inside th door, and have a tendancy to rust out. Pull apart your door, and take a look at it. Buy a panel pulling tool to take the door off - if you don't and damage the retaining clips on the door itself ther is no way to repair them. Also, if oyu pull the door panel off, go to the dealership and get a new set of the plastic retaining push pins. They are like $0.50 a piece, and you need ten per door. But make sure they are the correct color - taurii use a special pin that the dealer usually has to order. The other, black ones, won't work. The blue ones are the right ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How are the RPMs of your car when you brake? I notice that when I am inbetween shifting and the clutch is not all the way in (or out) and the RPMs go way down (below 900, its idling RPM), the oil light will flicker as well.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The oil is diluted by all the extra gas you are using. It is also ruining your cats. You are well on your way to the need for a new motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts