Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the most likely place(s) I am leaking engine oil from. Considering a late model Taurus, say 2015 or maybe later. Happy with my 2000 with 150K miles. Any thoughts on the reliability of the new body style taurus. Looks like a used car bargain to me, but hear complaints about outward visibility and blind spot because of wide pillar, but I guess blind spot warning technology will solve problem. Also, hear complaints about unreliability of the infotainment. Would appreciate hearing from new body style owners on their experience.

·
Super Moderator
7,690 Posts
Daughter has a 13 Limited. Just turned 100K miles. Other than regular maintenance (oil / filter changes, etc) it has been very reliable. I had to replace the front sway bar end links a few years ago, and that is about it for "unexpected" repairs. Front brakes done once, rear brakes done twice. One cat (I forget if it was bank 1 or bank 2) replaced for free under 8/80 emissions warranty. Zero electrical issues.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The Newer Bulls are decent cars and the price of them used is good for the buyer right now. I have no issues with visibility whatsoever and never has been a problem for me.

Had my 2013 for 2-3 years and had zero issues with it. it has 83,000 miles on it now

·
Registered
9,613 Posts
Welcome. Oil pan gasket is the most likely spot for a big leak.

On #2 & #3 DOHC, pan larger leak but: everywhere else leaks and it is a minor issue that I will not fix. Here a drip, there a drip, everywhere a drip, drip.
One at 133K and one at 182K.
-chart-

·
Registered
716 Posts
^+1. Duratecs, if there ain't no oil under 'em, there ain't no oil in 'em, lol!
My Tec is bone dry! :p

The only real complaints I hear about the newer bulls are the internal water pump, which I have to agree is a bad design. Other than that, I have heard they are fairly reliable..

·
Super Moderator
7,690 Posts
Ford changed the design of the oil pan gasket in 04. Neither my 05 Tec or the wifes old totaled 04 Tec ever leaked a drop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Jeff K
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing