Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, ive learned A LOT about my taurus since i came here and since i got my car. but it's well overdue for an oil change, and i cant find the danged oil filter. i dont mean to ask such a noob question, but i dont have any manuals (...yet) nor can i find any information online, so i ask you: where is the oil filter on a gen3 duratec ('99 SE to be exact)? ive read that it's a pain in the ass to get to, and that oil drips onto the frame (i think frame, maybe its exhaust, dont remember). ive also read taht it's a good idea to put the box from the oil filter on the pipe so it doesnt get on there to bad and burn off later. i know everything else about changing the oil, ive been doin it for years in my other cars, but i cant locate the dang thing on my bull. any help would be great, but please be prompt, its about to rain here (damned hurricane remnants) and today is my only day available :angry: . o yea, can i get to the filter without lifting my car any? i have no access to a lift, nor do i have jackstands or decent jacks, just the crappy jacks that come standard with spares. thanks.

-rub

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could you be more specific? i would have no problem finding it if i could get under my car, but the front bumper isnt even a foot off the ground. i have no way of lifting my car, and i have no jacks i trust. i have an idea where it might be, but i still cant locate it. i feel like such an idiot considering the knowledge i have of taurus's and not even knowing where the oil filter is. can anyone tell me where is it (relatively) from above? is it back under the belt?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts