Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow i changed the oil pan gasket yesterday! not a difficault job but lots of steps involve specially when u have to crawl under the car lol. any way is it physcological (me) or is there some truth to my next statement. i feel the car performs better, smoother nicer, etc, when i do an oil change is this just in my head or is it true what i "feel"? seems to happen to any car i do the oil to? just a statement really not expecting a full explanation

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
In my opinion, I believe it's mostly psychological but there might be some truth to it.
I think you might feel a difference if the old oil had thickened up and you replace it with fresh thinner oil.
Another thing is that some oils do quiet down the engine better than other oils which can contribute to the "warm fuzzy feeling". :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
same thing here when i give my bull a oil change it just seems to run better more hp i belive its just easier for the motor the work with fresh clean oil. thats what i always thought lol the performane seems to wear away after like 50 miles or so

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thats what 7 out of 10 Pennzoil users say............ ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts