Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Micah and I were talking and were thinking that since nothing is going on in September, would anybody be interested in having a meet someplace in Ohio? If so, please post when you are available (like what weekends) and where you're willing to travel to and we can try to put something together. We were thinking in the general Northern Ohio area. We just want to make this a one day thing and we're definitely open to suggestions if there's something you'd like to do. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I was thinking of meeting at redroben its right off of 480 and its not fare from the
turnpike and there is a subaru stealer ship right there so maybe we all can go
test driving :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Any weekend should be good for me (except for this one, 11-12th, but I doubt we'd do anything this soon). Any location is fine too.

I've always liked Quaker Steak and Lube in Valley View, but that's because it's one of the few places that I know how to get to. lol :lol: We could go there and see a movie afterwards if you guys want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys... I live in the northern area, near Lorain and Elyria. There's a Quaker STeak and Lube off of Rt.2 or 90. That would be a good place to have the meet, I;m up for it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by bkiz787@Sep 8 2004, 09:31 PM
Hey guys... I live in the northern area, near Lorain and Elyria. There's a Quaker STeak and Lube off of Rt.2 or 90. That would be a good place to have the meet, I;m up for it!
That sounds good to me. B) How does the weekend of the 18th and 19th look for everybody? I have to do something Saturday morning (the 18th) and will be free the rest of the day. Even if we just went to Quaker Steak and Lube for lunch or something we could go hang around Tower City downtown or something if you guys wanted to. So, who would definitely be in for this on teh 18th? Even if it's just a mini-meet, who cares? :)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Well, it's not definite, but it's looking fine for me right now. The only problem would be if I had something else to do at school, but it should be fine. On second thought, that's Mount Union's first home football game, but I should be back by then, so I think it'll work out. I'll keep y'all updated.

-Rob

BTW, welcome to the club Brett, and it's good to see you posting!

·
Registered
341 Posts
too far away for me. guess i won't be makin' it. i'm in southeastern ohio, around chilicothe/portsmouth/ironton/athens area.

cleveland is 5 hours...lorain is probably farther. ah well...maybe someday there'll be a meet in OH i can go to :(

:crybabysmiley:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi...i live in the lorain, and elyria area also, and i would be down for a meet somewhere close. It be nice to go hang out somewhere with all the bulls together. Email me me at [email protected] when u guys get something planned ok.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by LoadedLX@Sep 8 2004, 10:31 PM
too far away for me. guess i won't be makin' it. i'm in southeastern ohio, around chilicothe/portsmouth/ironton/athens area.

cleveland is 5 hours...lorain is probably farther. ah well...maybe someday there'll be a meet in OH i can go to :(

:crybabysmiley:
Sorry you can't make it. :(

We'll have to have a meet down your way sometime. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by AceTaurus33@Sep 8 2004, 10:40 PM
Hi...i live in the lorain, and elyria area also, and i would be down for a meet somewhere close. It be nice to go hang out somewhere with all the bulls together. Email me me at [email protected] when u guys get something planned ok.
Cool, I'll e-mail you when we have something finalized. What does that date look like for you? :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I may be able to attend.... I did a basic mapquest to Massillon OH and its about a 6.5 hour trip for me. Not sure if I'd be able to go that far.... but if it can be a little closer to Chicago.... things might work. If you could give me a general location... I'd give a more definite answer. :banana:

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01@Sep 9 2004, 12:13 AM
I may be able to attend.... I did a basic mapquest to Massillon OH and its about a 6.5 hour trip for me. Not sure if I'd be able to go that far.... but if it can be a little closer to Chicago.... things might work. If you could give me a general location... I'd give a more definite answer. :banana:
Xavier, you can't go - you're grounded until you sell me your car :p

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01@Sep 9 2004, 12:13 AM
I may be able to attend.... I did a basic mapquest to Massillon OH and its about a 6.5 hour trip for me. :
We'll be closer to Cleveland than we will Massillon actually (unless you guys want to do something in Massillon), so that may shave another half hour off, but it's still a 6 hour drive though.

How about Ryne and Scot? Think they'd be interested in coming over again?

We still need specifics on this too. Time, location, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That'd be cool if you could come Xavier. Haven't met you yet. :)

Well, Micah originally suggested eating at Red Robin. What does everyone think of that? Then we can find a local attraction if everybody wants to. Cleveland has the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Canton (about 45 mins or so South of Cleveland) has the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Tower City is a mall in Cleveland that is really big and we could hang around at. "The Flats" in Cleveland is supposed to be a big entertainment area, they have bands and stuff in evenings I guess although I've never been there. There are plenty of other local attractions. Anybody like any of the ideas I mentioned or want more information on anything?

Is there any place a little ways West of Cleveland we could go to shorten the drive for Xavier?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Sep 9 2004, 05:39 PM
That'd be cool if you could come Xavier. Haven't met you yet. :)

Well, Micah originally suggested eating at Red Robin. What does everyone think of that? Then we can find a local attraction if everybody wants to. Cleveland has the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Canton (about 45 mins or so South of Cleveland) has the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Tower City is a mall in Cleveland that is really big and we could hang around at. "The Flats" in Cleveland is supposed to be a big entertainment area, they have bands and stuff in evenings I guess although I've never been there. There are plenty of other local attractions. Anybody like any of the ideas I mentioned or want more information on anything?

Is there any place a little ways West of Cleveland we could go to shorten the drive for Xavier?
Yeah I'd like to meet you as well Jason. Appreciate you taking some consideration for me :D If you could tell me what good hotels (and prices :D) are in the area I could have a better idea if I could attend or not. I will definitely have to stay somewhere overnight for this to work. Then I gotta see who's going to tag along....:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
i maybe able to come barring the status of my sho and if i trust my oldsmobeater enough to drive down there. Right now i'm flat broke so i will being a tight wad on cash.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Tman@Sep 9 2004, 07:57 PM
i maybe able to come barring the status of my sho and if i trust my oldsmobeater enough to drive down there. Right now i'm flat broke so i will being a tight wad on cash.
cool, maybe you could get J Rod, Mario, Marley, Joe or somebody to tag along. B)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Xmann01+Sep 9 2004, 07:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Sep 9 2004, 07:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jason8225@Sep 9 2004, 05:39 PM
That'd be cool if you could come Xavier.  Haven't met you yet.  :)

Well, Micah originally suggested eating at Red Robin.  What does everyone think of that?  Then we can find a local attraction if everybody wants to.  Cleveland has the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  Canton (about 45 mins or so South of Cleveland) has the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  Tower City is a mall in Cleveland that is really big and we could hang around at.  "The Flats" in Cleveland is supposed to be a big entertainment area, they have bands and stuff in evenings I guess although I've never been there.  There are plenty of other local attractions.  Anybody like any of the ideas I mentioned or want more information on anything?

Yeah I'd like to meet you as well Jason. Appreciate you taking some consideration for me :D If you could tell me what good hotels (and prices :D) are in the area I could have a better idea if I could attend or not. I will definitely have to stay somewhere overnight for this to work. Then I gotta see who's going to tag along....:lol: [/b][/quote]
Not a problem. :) If you map out how to get to Cleveland, OH, what route does it have you taking through Ohio? I'll try to find something on/near it so it's easy for you to find and whatnot. :)

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
i'll talk to them and see what they have planned. If you get ryne to come i can garantee atleast marley and possibly mario

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Tman@Sep 9 2004, 10:23 PM
i'll talk to them and see what they have planned. If you get ryne to come i can garantee atleast marley and possibly mario
ok :thumb:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts