Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today for the first time in 5 months I washed my car, at a gas station because there was a fund raiser (school swim team) they did a so so job, and I went home and a friend came over and we claybared my car, and buffed it out useing two different compounds, and WOW it cam out awsome. now its no COTM but if you would have seen it before the difference is :blink: :blink:

so now i'm like :banana:
and my car is like :chili:
and everyone is like WOW you actually washed it, damn it looks good!

www.sonikempire.com

my car is the top left one :D

the car looked so bad befor we buffed it out, and now your hand doesn't squeel when you drag it across the paint. :p

·
Registered
250 Posts
nice! what compounds did you guys use?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my pics

my car is the top right one

;)

we clay bared the car first , and that pulled a LOT of oxidation and crap off the car then we buffed useing nu finish (in a almost plain oarnge bottle $6)

then we used a ??? bottle of some stuff my friend borrowed from the detailing dept at work :p

oh it took about 3 hours give or take

·
Registered
790 Posts
MAD PROPS! UBER SHINY.... nice job! :p

NU finish is pretty cool..... we use it on the underside of our sailboat that we race, and on the centerboards, it lasts a coupla seasons worth of racing.. makes things nice and smooth and shiny.........

On my car i prefer to use Armor All Car Wash Concentrate and RainX Wash&Wax... usually the nice shine i get lasts for quite a while....... and when the car gets dusty, or gets buildup after a rain, i can just rub her down with a dry towel and she shines right up again.... i have some pics of all that somewhere.... the stuff i use and some pics of the car after it rained all day and cleared up in the afternoon.... i just wiped all the road goop away - BAM! - Shiny!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts