Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new OEM spoiler in today. 115 Shipped! I am so freaking excited. Not only is it OEM, its already painted to match my car. HELL YEAH!

Can't wait to get this thing installed. I love my taurus, but something was missing. After looking around and seeing some other bulls, I notice a spoiler was needed. It fills this little void and makes the car look just so much better. Adds a touch of sportiness to it as well.

WOOT WOOT!

Ill add some pics if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, here are the pics. The install took about 35/45 minutes and was easier than a Gen3 aftermarket radio install. I was not fond of drilling holes into my nice paint, metal - CAR. However, the instructions that came with it were easy to read and follow. Also, the templates and hole drilling guides made it even easier. I got this off ebay. There are others on there, so check it out. They might have something for you.

I will say, this looks so good on my car. It gave it that extra KICK! Call me funny or crazy, but I swear my car feels "smoother" when I am driving. Then again, I could be imagining things

Here are the pics! Any questions, just ask.

X

·
0 Posts
damn, those holdes on the inner part of the trunk as clean. Mine looks like a 5 year old drilled mine (drill bit was slightly bent and I was too cheap to buy a good one).

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Good job! I remember doing mine was fun. Boy do you start to sweat as you drill holes in your car.

-Dan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow that does make it look much better. Question tho. Doesnt rain or water get through those holes or is there a rubber piece in between or under the hood where the spoiler is? Looking good man looking good!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the compliments

A couple of things.. The holes on the inner side of the trunk were driled with a UNIBIT. That sucker cost 35 bux from lowes. However, I used it and returned it. I don't do that alot, but I really had no need for it ever again and hell, 35 bux!

Everytime I go to advance auto and ask for simple stuff like "rust inhibitor", they tell me they don't have it. So, for the time being I used some WD-40. I figured thats better than nothing. I coated all the holes and that should keep things shiny until I or somone? can point me to some stuff to put on it.

As for the water question, there is a rubber/foamish pad on the feet of the spoiler that keeps a seal and I guess keeps from just rubbing the hell out of the hood. The screws on the inside of the trunk, have this wax sealing ring on them. So, as you screw it in and tighten it down, the wax compresses and seals any holes. Im pretty sure its air tight, at least water tight.

I just love my spoiler

Firespirit -

The same person on ebay that I got mine from, has another one of the same color. 100.00 bux girly - can't go wrong

J

·
0 Posts
Looks awesome! Nice install!

I noticed you've got the Duratec w/ factory duals, I love that!
I bet you have 4 wheel discs, too. It's my favorite non-SHO Taurus (besides the SES Sport
)

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
That does look very nice indeed. I wonder if the factory Taurus spoilers fit the Sable trunk. The rear lights are different so the trunk lid isn't necessarily the same. Hmmm....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts